Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any step by step pics of this mod taking place? I am thinking of doing it but I am alittle curious what it looks like before I do it. Any pics are appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
375 Posts
what mod are you talking about?? the switch to an aftermarket one? That can be found over at myFordFocus.com in the How-To articles. As for boring it out, good luck. I know some people have done that, but you don't have much to work with to do something like that...

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
porting the stock TB can be found at www.focushacks.com

photos can be found by searching "Port TB" here in zetec tuning...I forget who it was but they had excellent photos of the mod

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
good mod 4 a bit of ur time and pennies. i just returned my FC TB, b/c it didnt work right on my car, budget is tight, and i didnt validate 240 bux of difference, whether it worked right or not. put my ported TB back on, like c'g an old friend again.

-Ult

·
Registered
369 Posts
Im Gettin my "custom" Stealth TB Friday!! I CANT WAIT!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I decided to give it a try last night. Went and bought some JB weld quick set epoxy for $4. Put it on the outside of the TB. Let it set and then began grinding on the inside. Got rid of the big lump and cleaned out the dust. Put it on this morning and all I have to say is that it was well worth the 1-2 hours and $4 that I put into it. On the highway there is so much more pickup. I highly encourage anyone who has $4 and a couple open hours to do this.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Yah it's defintely noticeable. I'm gonna work on mine a little more (still kind of lumpy) but it was a dramatic improvement in "throttle response" I no longer half to push it halfway to the floor to get 1/4 of the throttle body open

There is NO MAJOR POWER HERE!!! I think Turbo Tom saw like 1hp out of it but it makes the car drive like a normal car with a round throttle body.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I liked it so much. I took it off a second time to see if I could Dremel off anymore rough spots. I thought I read somewhere that on the 2003s Ford was taking that concave lip off the TB. Guess they've been hearing us rave about doing it here

1 - 11 of 11 Posts