Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question about tb porting....ok i did a search and everything before anybody says something about that...i looked at my throttle body, and i notice how on one side its round but on the other side it is an oval shape...so is tb porting just making that one side as round as the other so it is a full circle....and then u just seal that v shaped hole part in with something..and should you put the epoxy or jb weld before you start or after u finish...is it really worth all the trouble and risk messing up the tb....could someone tell me the performance you get out of the and is it a great mod...thanks

~Lyte~

·
Registered
128 Posts
yea you are right. port on the side where is oval like and use the epoxy last to fill in the hole. you can smooth it around with your finger inside the t/b but make sure to put it on kinda thick so there is no leaks. as for performance you will tell a difference in throttle response most definently. i dont know about the horsepower or torque. maybe a couple each way maybe more. just depends really. but its well worth and hour of your time and a couple dollars for the epoxy.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
We've done several of these mods and the area you want to remove material from is the "oval" shaped area. Clean the outside of the TB real good and scuff it up a bit with either sandpaper or a wire brush. Then add either a good epoxy or JB weld to the area, you may want to build it up in layers until you get it thick enough to grind into. Once every thing has set (hardened) you can use a dremel tool or equivilent and grind to your hearts content. Once you've got it into the shape you want just use some finer stones or grinding bit's and smooth things out. This is one mod that really improves throttle response, well worth the effort.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
yea you are right. port on the side where is oval like and use the epoxy last to fill in the hole. you can smooth it around with your finger inside the t/b but make sure to put it on kinda thick so there is no leaks. as for performance you will tell a difference in throttle response most definently. i dont know about the horsepower or torque. maybe a couple each way maybe more. just depends really. but its well worth and hour of your time and a couple dollars for the epoxy.
You're REALLY Wrong about ONE thing.
Apply the JB Weld in coats to BUILD UP the Outside of what you'll be dremelling away.... FIRST!!!....
That way, you'll never break through and create a Hole that you have to figure out how to fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts