Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its prob my fault, but I disconnected everything and reconnected everything all the same. there is a left over part though, and Im sure when I find out where it goes, I will solve my prob...
My idle barely hangs on, doesnt quite stall, and then when I start test driving my zx3, it starts climbing to idle at 4500rpm in Neutral...
There is a fat metal ring, like a spacer or something. i thought it might fit in the TBP sensor but it doesnt seem to fit... Anyone know how I can get my baby up and running with its new JR TB?
Thanks a bunch in advance

·
Registered
950 Posts
I'm not familiar with the JRTB. Is it similiar to the FCTB? If it is, be sure you are using the proper setting for the throttle position sensor. The FCTB has a setting for MTX/ATX. The engine will not run properly with the wrong setting. As far as the other part goes
How big is big? Is it a spacer of some kind? (edit) I found the TB on Jackson's site. It does appear similiar to the FCTB. They did not show the extra part or the side where the TPS hooks up. Could the extra part be the gasket? Running w/out the gasket will cause an air leak and improper performance. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts