Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
instead of doing the pennies/nut thing... (it never worked for me... kept coming loose and throwing a code) I went to NAPA Autoparts and got a oil drain plug M22-1.5 and it works BEAUTIFULLY! no leaking air, no thrown code and no nasty rusted nub stickin off the side of my header!!
cost $8

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chris... so am I... will have it installed next weekend

but for those looking to plug up the bung, I found my receipt.

The plug that I am using right now is from NAPA Autoparts.

Part # 704-1048

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
So are you guys leaving the egr on, just blocked at the block? Removing the tube from the intake to egr?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't want to sound like a complete idiot, but can you guys tell me exactly where on the oem header the EGR is and if I pull the plug on the header and do the plug thing do I have to remove everything,, because here in Wisconsin every car has to go through emissions

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Originally posted by CTZX3:
im getting the new FC header with the EGR removed
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">*drooool*

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
well i don't know where in wisconsin you live but i never go through any emmisions here in janesville. All i would like to know is after you remove the egr what are all of you doing to not throw a code? Diablo chip? wedging something in the egr to keep it open or what?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Apparently emissions is a thing in Milwaukee. I took my wife's 2000 hyundai for its first emmissions test in 2001. 45 minutes in line so they could plug in an adapter and sen me on my way 2 minutes later. But any way how do you keep the EGR from throwing a code once you block it off at the header.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Originally posted by dj_kurruption:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Where did you get that plug....or who made it and how was it made? Looks nice.

·
Registered
871 Posts
i REALLY want to do mine, do i just delete and forget or must i buy a chip as well? is there any other mods along those lines as in resonator removal (which i have done) that i need to do?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts