Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, today was the 3rd time this has happened to me. The first 2 times I thought it was from the cheap a$$ tires that I bought. But, this morning, again, the inside wall balloons out and makes it seriously dangerous to drive. I had to limp the car to america's to get it fixed.
Now, I have 17" Focal F5's. Anyone have any ideas why this happens??? oh yea, tireson the car right now are Nanking's(not sure the model).

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
375 Posts
i'm not sure, but are you talking about the bubbles on the sidewall? These are often times caused by incorrect installation. With low profile tires, the installer has to use a LOT of lube to make sure the bead doesn't get torn. If you have the tire taken off of the rim and look at the bead, you might find a tear in the bead near the bubble. The tear can only happen when you are installing the tire, not when you take it off. If it was torn when it was installed, you could try to get a new tire from the people that installed it cause they installed it wrong.

Also, from experience with changing these low profile tires: make sure the shop that you take the wheels to has a good machine to change the tire. The shop that I work at has a Rim Clamp machine made especially for low profile tires.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, these paticular tires were bought and installed from america's tire co. I have about 10 frieds that work there, and i watched them install the tires. I don't think they installed them wrong. But, this has happened for the 3rd time like i said above. I was jsut wondering if it might be from the rim itself or if anyone else has had this problem.

Thaks for the info though. Good to know from now on.

·
Registered
857 Posts
probly from the cheep tires

1 - 4 of 4 Posts