Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get some second opinions here.
I am in the market for a new car to replace my 92 Sable. I am being deployed to Bosnia with my National Guard unit in July. I will not be back in the States until April -04 (God willing)
With the newly introduced $3k rebate on Focus plus "A" plan pricing I could hook up a ZX-5 with a 2.3L and AdvanceTrac for about $14K
OR***
Should I wait until I get back (if ever) and hope that Ford is running the same great deals that they are now?
The car that I would really like to buy would be the Mazda3 with the new C1 platform and the 2.3 with a Mazda "sports tuned" suspension.
The last option would be to wait until the '05 Focus comes out...but then no rebates are likely.
Any comments?
Cheers.

·
Where is my @#$ antenna?!
4,107 Posts
Wait for the new model at this point. If you don't like the re-style, you can always buy a leftover model for half the price. To think I could have saved a few grand by waiting a year and buying a leftover SVT, instead of ordering a ZX5 when it was announced
Then they announced the ZX5 SVT and I actually became so confused/angry that I punched myself in the balls no less than 3 times as hard as I could. Impulse buying sucks...

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Been there, done that. I bought my ZX3 just before the first round of zero % financing came out and just before the S2 came out.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You'all had some good advice. It is just hard passing up $3K in cash and not knowing the future.
At least over at Cmp. McGovern they have an internet cafe so I will be able to keep up the the "jet" and know what is available and when.
Cheers.

I guess my bitch about the Mazda3 is why aren't they going to release a 5 door hatch back version in the initial release. Even though all of the publicity photos show a 5 door.
Go figure.
Cheers, and thanks.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Originally posted by flat 4:
I guess my bitch about the Mazda3 is why aren't they going to release a 5 door hatch back version in the initial release. Even though all of the publicity photos show a 5 door.
Go figure.
Cheers, and thanks.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sue them for false advertising and make them build one.

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
Originally posted by flat 4:
I could hook up a ZX-5 with a 2.3L and AdvanceTrac for about $14K
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">AdvanceTrac is not available on the 2.3 yet.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'd just wait and save your money while you're deployed (thanks by the way) That will save you money in interest and you won't have to store the car or worry about it while you're gone. The market may also hold a car that you're much more interested in (like the Mazda3) when you get back. Personally, I don't think the money you'll save will make up for the fact that when you come home you'll be coming home to a year old car instead of coming home and buying a brand new one.
Stay safe.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
I agree...save while you're gone and throw down a fat downpayment when you get back. Be safe overseas!!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Wish you the best of luck in Bosnia.

Definately don't buy a car to let it sit. First of all, you'd be paying for a car that you can't even drive. Will you have to pay to store it? Second, one of the worst things for a car is to let it sit. Seals dry up, critters make it their home, etc... You'd have to make sure it was stored properly or make sure that someone else was driving it on a regular basis. Third, wait until you get back in April '04 and you may even be able to find a leftover '03. And, my guess is the deals and incentives will still be around then anyway.

Come back safe.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Originally posted by familyman:
I'd just wait and save your money while you're deployed (thanks by the way) That will save you money in interest and you won't have to store the car or worry about it while you're gone. The market may also hold a car that you're much more interested in (like the Mazda3) when you get back. Personally, I don't think the money you'll save will make up for the fact that when you come home you'll be coming home to a year old car instead of coming home and buying a brand new one.
Stay safe.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">sounds like a plan. Thats what i would do

·
Registered
316 Posts
Originally posted by Penguini66:
Wish you the best of luck in Bosnia.

Definately don't buy a car to let it sit. First of all, you'd be paying for a car that you can't even drive. Will you have to pay to store it? Second, one of the worst things for a car is to let it sit. Seals dry up, critters make it their home, etc... You'd have to make sure it was stored properly or make sure that someone else was driving it on a regular basis. Third, wait until you get back in April '04 and you may even be able to find a leftover '03. And, my guess is the deals and incentives will still be around then anyway.

Come back safe.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">for real a left over is the best bet

Be safe and i'll be prayin for ya man

1 - 11 of 11 Posts