Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search for "AEM CAI" just to do a bunch of reading up on it before I rec'd mine from AEM. The main thing that concerned me was the oil coming into the intake (ie, puddle or like the one guy that had an oily strut tower due to a remote breather filter).

I decided to do something about this whole situation..and only ost me $83 all together...

Oil catch can with K&N breather!! $83 for the can, breather, hose, clamps and shipping!

Racer Parts Wholesale

Works nicely!!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Very nice find. I think any one who likes to push their car should look into that.

Where on the site is that product? Cant seem to find it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The site doesnt allow a direct link, but its part number:

P/N BRP568 - $59.99

Here's a full description on the page:

"Tired of using an old oil bottle as a catch can ? So were we !!

Now you can use our 1 quart aluminum catch can with 1/4" npt drain,
nipple on top for a vent filter and easy mounting ears."

"K & N Vent Filter For Above

P/N K621330 - $13.99
"

Just, on the main page, scroll down and enter the Part # or "Oil Catch Can" and it'll bring it right up.

$83 and change shipped to my door, and quick too!! Theyre in Indiana IIRC so mid-USA should be 2-3 days anywhere int he US.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
What did you do about the hole in the intake piping?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Now that is pretty cool. Nice work!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Very nice find. I think any one who likes to push their car should look into that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
sweet so all you do is put your oil line from the engine to that instead of the hole in the cai, thats cool, im definately gonna buy it, it looks better in the car too.. cover up that old filter holder.... but what did you do to the hole where the cai is now?

·
Registered
426 Posts
You can make your own for a couple of bucks using pcv pipe. There are how-to articles out there somewhere.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just took a lil hose (about 5") and kinked it and zip tied it. I might get another lil breather and put that on there. Its before the MAS so, itd be a lil more air..metered air too!!

p.s. Yes, you can make your own, Im sure its really easy, but I went this route just because it looks nicer IMHO.

·
Registered
9 Posts
can you take a picture of your valve cover, im guessing its from focussport...... id like to see how it looks, i am doing pretty much the same iwth my engine, all red... i have a red UDP, CAI, Spark plug wires, exhaust cam etc.. i was thinking of doing my stock valve cover and clear coating it a bunch etc... im not sure though

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
can you take a picture of your valve cover, im guessing its from focussport...... id like to see how it looks, i am doing pretty much the same iwth my engine, all red... i have a red UDP, CAI, Spark plug wires, exhaust cam etc.. i was thinking of doing my stock valve cover and clear coating it a bunch etc... im not sure though
Actually, its my OEM valve cover, painted VHT wrinkle red...

pre-AEM CAI and catch can!

·
Registered
538 Posts
very cool

1 - 12 of 12 Posts