Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps,

So I realized that the Rigz section isnt really frequented much, and I wasnt able to source much info besides the FJ peeps i have on FB...

I thought I give my input on my experience with ************ and Tom..

This weekend I went to Focus Fest from Springfield Il to Gateway... I had replaced my Mafia becuase that is what I was instructed by Tom given my datalog said it had gone bad. :bang:

So I did that... the car ran fine and made it outside the parking lot :thumbup:

but on the highway at steady speed it would misfire sometimes.. :bang::bang::bang:

it was kinda scary cause i was already on my way to FF.. luckily I was with Focus Rev so if anything I knew they would have my back...

Once i was at FF I knew Tom was there.. But he was involved in Drag Racing and helping a bunch of people so i kinda didnt want to bug him about my issues given Im technically not a customer..

as the day went by.. Tom actually came by my tent with the Focus Rev guys and asked how was my car running.. and he wanted to check it out.. :eek: so I drove it to his tent and we ran a couple datalogs and he was able to pin point one of my issues.. at a constant i was running up to 15% lean.. so he adjusted my fuel trim and once again the car felt awesome... he still instructed me not to do a WOT until i get a wideband because im still on a narrowband.. (i know i know soon)

The whole ride home this time.. was perfect..no misfire, no stumble.. just smooth driving.. I am still kinda of in shock of his CS since well technically i didnt buy his tune...

to even add to this... on monday morning.. i had a PM from him asking how is the car and how it ran... now i feel like i need to bake him some cupcakes or something lol

big ups to Focus Power :rock:

·
Grand Master Mabel listens to Death Metal and flip
7,145 Posts
Glad you got your issues taken care of and you were able to drive your car home. You should send him an email or post in his forum on FocusFanatics to thank him. :) He doesn't have a presence on this site.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
It's hit or miss with Tom. Glad you're happy with his services.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well... Tom has helped me tremendously with my car.
It started with NA and bolt ons with Tom tuning the car.
There was such an improvement after the tune I got hungry for more power.
So now its stock engine with a Top Speed Garrett Turbo kit and Tom tuned it.
12psi on the stock engine, I figure I am at 225-250 hp and it feels great.
Now I want more so I went to the salvage yard a couple days ago and bought
another Zetec to build with forged internals and good head.

I have been dealing with Tom for 2 years now with this car and through all its modifications.
He has been a pleasure to deal with and always helps with any questions or suggestions that I have.

I would recommend him anytime. How can you beat Great Service with a one time fee that is good for the life of your car.
Well NA is one fee and FI is a separate fee but that is completely reasonable.
At least when I get the new engine done I wont have to pay again to have it tuned.
I believe other tuners charge again if you do something like that.

All I can say is I am glad that I took some FF members advice in the beginning and went with Tom for my tuning needs.
He is an expert when it comes to the Ford Focus and no one can deny that.

Thanks Tom.

Peace.
Joe

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Glad you had a positive experience with him. Many others have not.

Sent from somewhere using towers, gizmos andTapatalk 2

·
Registered
759 Posts
Thanks for sharing ur experience with Tom. I gave up on another tuner because I felt like my questions were bothersome and as a newb I couldn't grasp it all at once and they couldn't get down to my level.

As an automotive service advisor I appreciate when the more knowledgeable person shares the inside info so I can better understand the process. I like to learn.

I will retune my car soon, I might try with tom.

·
I
13,288 Posts
how do I get in touch with Tom and where does he operate from ?
thanks gentlemen!!!
Tom doesn't visit the boards here so if you want to get in touch with him, you'll have to head over to Focus Fanatics. Randy @ FSWerks is who most of the people on this website use for their tuning needs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts