Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
If you want to go to the best and most reliable, go with FSWerks. I think a 24hr turnaround is above and beyond for a guy doing all the tuning himself while taking care of all the other responsibilities within the company. I'm not sure why you would go to the other guy after someone like Randy who is willing to help and definitely the best in the business has already tuned your car.

·
Potato Camera Operator
8,401 Posts
The last time I visited Tom's website my house exploded.

On a serious note; there is not a single Focus-centric aftermarket vendor out there which can compare to FSWerks in all aspects of operation. There are a few who are just as good in certain respects (I think all the major sponsors on this site have proven to be impressive over the years), but nobody has everything nailed down to the level that FSWerks do. The only person on this planet other than Mr. Robles I'd consider for tuning would be Randy at McNews, and that's really a question of mail-order vs. dyno tuning.

In my years as an active car guy, I have never dealt with a vendor, service provider, or fabrication shop that has given me an experience as positive as the people at FSWerks. They are as good as it gets; the absolute pinnacle of "doing it right".

·
Bacne..
2,690 Posts
There's a reason Ford Motor company has worked hand in hand with FSWerks in the past.

'Nuff said.

Normal business hours would be my best guess.
can be tough to get a hold of a guy who doesn't have them. But also doesn't advertise nearly as widely (squeaky wheel).

And back when the Chinese D-Tec knockoff first came out, I thought it was visually identical to the Cosworth part?
AND, there is no electrical/tuning way to prove either is on a car. Which means any code that would pop up could not be due to the manifold physically or flow properties.

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
I don't support counterfeit parts with free programming normally was the point. I was an inch away from saying NO. Instead I thought, I'll just be nice and try to help out someone who needs it.

There's no reason why the DTC's couldn't have been eliminated. I have a Cosworth manifold on my own Focus. I know what to do, it's not an issue. Some cars throw codes depending on the ECU code and the hardware it came with originally. I didn't give up on the project and say too bad or sorry Charlie. The OP just decided the to go elsewhere.

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
There's a reason Ford Motor company has worked hand in hand with FSWerks in the past.

'Nuff said.

We've worked directly with Ford every year since 1999 IIRC. Sometimes on things you hear about, like representing Ford on the Street Tuner Challenge TV show and sometimes on projects that are behind the scenes that nobody ever hears about. ;)

·
Registered
593 Posts
We've worked directly with Ford every year since 1999 IIRC. Sometimes on things you hear about, like representing Ford on the Street Tuner Challenge TV show and sometimes on projects that are behind the scenes that nobody ever hears about. ;)
I have been looking for full episodes of street tuner challenge but can only find clips. Do you know by any chance where I could get access to full episodes?

Sorry to go off topic, but It has been driving me insane not being able to find it. Lol I want to see that show again. I only seen one episode like 9 years ago on speed channel.

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
I have been looking for full episodes of street tuner challenge but can only find clips. Do you know by any chance where I could get access to full episodes?

Sorry to go off topic, but It has been driving me insane not being able to find it. Lol I want to see that show again. I only seen one episode like 9 years ago on speed channel.
The next time you place an order with us ask about getting a copy of the season we competed on. We have some DVD's still. :)

·
Registered
940 Posts
Also, who had the fastest time at the Focus Fest drags for the last 2 years? Anyone??
That would be member GottaRide28. (Not sure of his name.) Running an FSWerks turbo kit and YOUR tune. :)

·
Registered
399 Posts
I don't support counterfeit parts with free programming normally was the point. I was an inch away from saying NO. Instead I thought, I'll just be nice and try to help out someone who needs it.

There's no reason why the DTC's couldn't have been eliminated. I have a Cosworth manifold on my own Focus. I know what to do, it's not an issue. Some cars throw codes depending on the ECU code and the hardware it came with originally. I didn't give up on the project and say too bad or sorry Charlie. The OP just decided the to go elsewhere.
I'm gonna restate this:
FF and FJ have as much rivalry as Randy and Tom do. So, if you ask about tuning on FF, there is going to be bias toward Tom and against Randy. If you ask about tuning here, there's going to be bias toward Randy and against Tom.
Also, Randy, while you don't offer the free upgrade with counterfeit parts, after I explained that the part was the same size and shape as the actual Cosworth, you reluctantly agreed because your upgrade thread didn't state differently. Also, Tom was able to take care of the DTCs with his tune. I didn't just give up, turn my back on FSWerks, FSW is still the first place I look for parts, I just felt it was time for a second opinion on the tune and I am happy with my choice.

My review wasn't meant to "set up" anyone. As stated, it was a review based off of MY opinion and experiences with BOTH tuners. I also noticed that I'm no longer part of your secret boosted forum, even though I'm still running your Stage II kit.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
I'm not convinced a "rivalry" has ever existed. Tom doesn't have enough presence in the Focus community to really have an impact.... he's borderline irrelevant.

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
I'm gonna restate this:

Also, Randy, while you don't offer the free upgrade with counterfeit parts, after I explained that the part was the same size and shape as the actual Cosworth, you reluctantly agreed because your upgrade thread didn't state differently. Also, Tom was able to take care of the DTCs with his tune. I didn't just give up, turn my back on FSWerks, FSW is still the first place I look for parts, I just felt it was time for a second opinion on the tune and I am happy with my choice.

My review wasn't meant to "set up" anyone. As stated, it was a review based off of MY opinion and experiences with BOTH tuners. I also noticed that I'm no longer part of your secret boosted forum, even though I'm still running your Stage II kit.
I don't agree with knock off parts or counterfeits at all. I had a really hard time with my decision since I always want to help our turbo customers as much as possible. My final thought was to treat others how I'd want to be treated so I helped you out. The fact that I didn't list it as not covered doesn't mean anything. Since you didn't know that I don't support knock offs and counterfeits I figured I should just help you. I could have said, sorry not gonna do it. That was me just trying to be nice.

I can also take care of any DTCs, as I've stated. Sometimes you can do it the easy way and sometimes it's the other way. It's not impossible. I have a Cossie IM on my own car. You're gonna have to trust me on this, I know how to do it. ;) You didn't finish the work with me and that's fine. Just stating the facts here.

Your review is stickied from what I saw the other day. And it's a bit slanted. I'm sure you got a deal or free programming in return. I was annoyed for about 10 seconds, but I really don't have time for this kind of thing. You can call it what you want; feels a bit like a set up to me so that's what I've stated. I really don't see the point in giving someone a review like that. I get people contacting me all the time about wanting programming help because they just aren't happy with someone else's work. So this goes both ways, but if someone said to me they wanted to post a stickied review like yours I'd just say, don't bother. What's the point? Just sounds like sour grapes or someone is on a crusade when this kind of thing pops up.

The turbo tech section is for customers who run our FSWerks programming. The kit is not the defining criteria; it's the programming and always has been. If you buy a used kit you don't get access unless you pay for programming. Feel free to check around if you don't believe me.

I'll end with this: I seriously doubt any FF admin could post a less than favorable review of Tom's programming on FF and have it stickied. Alright, so that's the way I see it. :)

·
Bacne..
2,690 Posts
FF admin could post a less than favorable review of Tom's programming on FF and have it stickied. Alright, so that's the way I see it. :)[/QUOTE]

I can do that if you really want. As can John.
But much the same as here. It's not proper to bash a career long site supporter.

Out of curiosity,
Who has and what times are the fastest N/A guys getting? (I know what I can get, need to know if it's worth my time to travel)

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I can do that if you really want. As can John.
But much the same as here. It's not proper to bash a career long site supporter.

Out of curiosity,
Who has and what times are the fastest N/A guys getting? (I know what I can get, need to know if it's worth my time to travel)
Trolling FJ to see who talks **** on the Toms so you can ban them from FF again....:rolleyes:

·
Grand Master Mabel listens to Death Metal and flip
7,145 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Are you a moderator on FF? (I'm less than rarely on the site so I'm not up on the leadership...)
I don't think he is but he reports people from FJ to mods on FF.

He routinely gets people banned from FJ for things said on THIS forum about FF and the Toms. It's actually pretty pathetic on his part. But whatever, if it makes his penis feel bigger at night...:lol:

21 - 40 of 45 Posts