Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, would an aftermarket cat combined w/ JBA Header and 2 1/4'' Flex pipe and FocusSport Exhaust be too loud? I would like a good sound bit not outrageously loud. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
gettin the stealth version exhaust from FS would keep things more than tolerable w/that setup

btw welcome

-Ult

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
End of Story, That Sums it Up.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I have that setup with a Bosal. I just put the cat in this week. It made the exhaust louder and what I'd call "farty". Its tolerable but, I liked the sound more prior to the cat install. Butt dyno is still undecided on any gains.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[censored]. It sounds farty? lol I HATE THAT. Alright, I think I'll stick with my stock cat for now anyways.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BTW Would a 2 1/4'' flexpipe be worth the money?
Any horsepower over stock?

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
his sounded farty with the BOSAL, not the focussport stealth.

the high flow cat / header / flex combo WILL make your car louder. if you have the FS stealth, however, it will be much quieter than if you had the bosal / magnaflow / etc.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
his sounded farty with the BOSAL, not the focussport stealth.

the high flow cat / header / flex combo WILL make your car louder. if you have the FS stealth, however, it will be much quieter than if you had the bosal / magnaflow / etc.
Unless you have the Bosal Silencer.
Same Idea as the FS, just slightly different.

"BTW Would a 2 1/4'' flexpipe be worth the money?
Any horsepower over stock?"

Yes, and Yes.
I recommend both Bosal and FosusSport here.
I have FocusSport, because I purchased before Bosal had a Piece available. I'm Satisfied.
I Also Know that the Bosal Piece is WELL Designed and comparable.

BTW, Rumour has it..
... that Bosal may have an ORP in the offering before TOOOOOOO Long.
(Not right away, so don't start another "Bosal Cat" Thread....
)
Waitaminnit... What did I say???

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Really tho... what is the point of gettin a shorty header with an ORP?

Just go full race header... if you're gonna cheat, then cheat right, no?

And the FocusSport Stealth with a race header...

Quiet enough to never arouse the po-po.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Really tho... what is the point of gettin a shorty header with an ORP?
Flexibility.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
if your gonna go orp, just bag the header, not worth your time, effort and money...nor the gain. and besides when you have to switch back to your stock cat...then there's no risk of hurtin the stock cat w/that header. i've pulled 140whp outta stage 1 cams thru stock head and header...you dont need shorty. it'll help take a lil edge off the sound, it'll never crack, and you can throw the stock shield on so it loox stock (sneaky!)

-Ult

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the FC 4-2-1 header, FC Flex Pipe, and Borla. It's loud, but not obnoxious. It's especially loud for me because my car is gutted.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
And the FocusSport Stealth with a race header...
I would rock this setup if I had the money.
From what i've heard the Apex'i and HKS sound like sweet music with the race header also.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And exactly how am I supposed to pass emmisions testing??
Would I be wasting my money on the shorty header if it doesnt make that much power. I would like to be street legal. The FS race header, flex pipe and stealth exhaust looks like a good setup but I couldnt be street legal!

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I have the FC 4-2-1 header, FC Flex Pipe, and Borla. It's loud, but not obnoxious. It's especially loud for me because my car is gutted.
I have the same set up except my cat back is a diff brand and I have a flowmaster 40 series delta flow (supposedly lower note than the regular 40 series) and its not too loud...but then my last set up was the same but with no muffler. DAMN that was loud!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts