Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend. This is Canada's other Echo. The one that the US does not get. Bummer, this one looks alot better.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Cute.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Bah see those almost everyday now. Checked one out on the lot, $18,000CDN for a completely loaded one.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Funny my friend just went up to Quebec and was telling me that she saw these Echo hatches and that she wants one. Well I always thought that if Toyota wanted a "youth appeal" car, they should have launched the Yaris/Vitz instead of the Echo/Platz version from the start. The one we ended up with looks like some weird commuter car and costs an arm and a leg for any options (folding rear seat is an option!) I tested one and although it was OK, I realized that with all the options it would be within the same range as a lower end Corolla and not a whole lot better MPG.

But then again are the Canadians getting the Scion? Maybe the Echo hatch would have competed with the aX too much.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Focus>Echo

Eventhough they are both econoboxes, the focus has a much sportier look, and probably much sportier feel.
I have never driven the Echo, don't really want to either, but the US Echo sedan is faster to 60 than the Focus w/Zetec.

I do like the looks of the Echo Hatch much better than the sedan we get here though.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Could it be? Maybe? Possibly??

Holy [censored]...it's a Yaris. (I must have lived under a rock for the past year. I had no idea they are using the Yaris as an echo in Canada)

Gotta love the lil one gone Euro

here are some more cool shots of the lil one tuned up!

Click

·
Registered
149 Posts
My girlfriend in Australia has one of those Echo hatches. Nice little car!!

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Can you say Euro Toyota Corolla Hatch??

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
its better than the us model.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
does any one agre with me on this thing being ugly as all get out?
i've not seen one in person like that, but the pictures are decent.

dont know if i'd drive it, but i wouldn't make fun of it either.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts