Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, because I noticed the plate moves...and left a nice line in my front bumper (2005 mind you....gah).

I'm going to try and buff it, get some kinda paint scratch filler stuff (like those touch up pens), and buff some more. Its an actual indent in the paint...god I hate front plates.

That being said, I dont want to put the front plate or anything there now. Id LOVE to get it filled and painted, but Im broke.

Im also left with two holes...thinking of something I could put in them...like yellow (EYY) screws/plastic interior fasteners...you know, like the ones that hold the rear side panels in. The one way fasteners.

Unless I grab some screws with flat heads, then paint them...

suggestions?

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
LED'S

You could start a new trend!! the heck with the windshield sprayer one's

Seriously though... no clue unless you just put the front plate back on with some sort of backing on the back of the plate to stop if from scratching the paint

·
Banned
6,369 Posts
There is a website that sells the cover, but I honestly do not know if it will work for the 05.

And I also can not remember the website's name...

I'm sure someone will know it...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Take and mount a water jet of some type, tied into your washer fluid pump. You can then use the jets to spray water on pedestrians. Very James Bond-ish and could be a lot of fun too!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh god lol....i think ill leave it the way it is for now...and i have seen the plates for the earlier modles....looking at them right now in the focus fanatic mag...looks like fastforwardltd sells them.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think that plate filler looks worse than actuall having a plate on the car. Also, I know in NY and MD, it is required by law to run both plates. If you drive a modded car around those states, having the front plate helps one avoid any unnecessary harassment.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'd try putting thoes little adhesive felt/rubber pads for the bottoms of chairs on the back of the plate and put it back on.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
I thought about having a cover made up similar to this.

Just about an inch tall and long enough to cover the holes. Maybe out of aluminum plate with Focus cut into it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts