Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
You Can't Make Me Laugh
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the call from him at the track.
I believe he was running a 75 dry shot when it popped.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Damn...Sorry to hear Toolebox.

I guess he kind of knew he was running on the edge though. Good thing junkyard Zetec's are cheap.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
that blows.....I guess its time to add a built motor to that built tranny, eh???

·
Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts
Sorry to hear that...but....why was he running a dry shot!!

Thats just laying your head on the executioners block and hoping that he does not see you!!

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
<font color="blue">he was doin the nitrous bag thing so u cant tell nitrous was hooked up to the car maybe he can goto dealer and be like i was on the interstate and bam it just went out
</font>

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
<font color="blue">he was doin the nitrous bag thing so u cant tell nitrous was hooked up to the car maybe he can goto dealer and be like i was on the interstate and bam it just went out
</font>

Yea, that'll work.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I KNOW Kevin is going to atleast try it. I really want to be there when he tries to bring it in

·
Registered
744 Posts
wait... didn't he also get like 3 trannys from the dealer? I mean I might not be a rocket scientist or anything but if I was a dealer... and he got 3 trannies... and a engine... I think I'd catch on

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
So sorry to hear about the blown motor. I know some people use nitrous sucessfully but it's always a tragedy when this happens.
I got a nitrous kit three years ago but never had the guts to hook it up. Now that i've got my JRSC built up, I am so glad I never installed the NO2 kit.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Now that i've got my JRSC built up, I am so glad I never installed the NO2 kit.
Nitrous is a MENTAL power adder. You have to be smarter than the nitrous
, and know the limits of your motor. Also, to re-iterate what another poster said... He was running a DRY kit? hmmm....on a motor that runs a tad lean anyways from the factory? ouch...sorry to hear about the blammo...but the best we can all hope is that a lesson is learned...right?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Nitrous is about as safe as steroids. Bad stuff

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Nitrous is about as safe as steroids. Bad stuff
not when the car is tuned properly. Anyone know why the motor went? Was it during a run and therefore most likely a lean condition. If so, you can tune to correct that. Now if it puddled or something that is a different story.

Granted it is a different car, but I ran a 175 shot dry on my mustang. No problems at all. But it was tuned properly. I don't know anything about his car, but was it tuned? Was he trying to push it?

sorry to hear about the motor though. Let us know what caused it. And if is melted pistons...good luck with the dealer. Snapped rod or something might be a different story.

·
You Can't Make Me Laugh
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great posts guys.
Nice to see you guys have faith.

His Focus never went to the dealer, and it never will.
It's parked right outside his house, next to his new
Mazdaspeed Protege.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
and what a clean looking car...."hey kevin wanna go break her in with a 25 shot.....im gonna beat the **** out of you...." as i return his keys to him tonight.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Yes everyone... I was the one running the "Nitrous in a bag" dry kit... and yes I pushed the envalope.

The car was running super rich with the way I had it set up... unfortunately, the car just didnt like the shot that run.

I launched, hit 3500rpm, sprayed, BLEW UP!!!

The car bucked up as it started to put the n2o power to the ground, and a split second later, I heard a loud BLAM! and smoke poured everywhere, I heard pieces of my engine bouncing off the bottom of my car, rattling inside the engine, etc...

As for getting a new engine... It's done, it's in the car, and it is SWEET!!... only thing is... it's not a focus

I went and got me a 2003.5 Gunmetal Gray MazdaSpeed Protege

The focus is sitting here (still tagged and registered so it wont get towed) and has turned into "TooleBox Focus Performance Shop... need a part? got a wrench?)

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about the car man...
I know you put alot of effort and such into the car...

But I'm happy to hear about the Protege! SWEET car and a GREAT color
!

You got a PM!

BTW, I like the sig! Kinda like a PG-rated version of another quote I know

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
yeah, Kevin isn't an idiot and he knew all along he was taking a risk and well..... he was right. But then again, what better excuse can one have in buying a new toy. Sorry to hear about the blown motor, but happy to see you got a new toy, and even happier you got one with a MTX. When you get a chance, drive your new toy out here and let me eyball her .... I mean drive her

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
First thing I'd do is buy a boost controller and see how high you can crank that baby.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts