Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I am Teds custom title. Not anything like the one
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tool\'s Needed

i was wondering what tool's i need to work on my engine/car...i dont want to go nutz buying mad tool sets and not use some of em...can someone give me the heads up of the tool's or where i can find the proper tool sets i need for my car

Thanks!

Ted

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Re: Tool\'s Needed

I would buy some spring compressors, a nice set of 3/8" drive metric sockets, some 1/2" drive metric stockets in the smallest sizes you can find, you'll love it on the 15mm and 18MM things....other than that I'd say tons of misc allen wrenches, you'll always need them, EGR tool is a waste of money, however a 02 sensor wrench is handy, GOBS of open end wrenches get tons of metric ones, they'll walk away....everything from like 24mm down.....tons of misc screwdrivers

other than that, its all a matter of filler....lol...the obligatory BFH, a rubber mallet, various electric stuff like connectors, splicers, etc etc

·
Banned
1,109 Posts

what are we trying? That i dont have the tools for?

·
Registered
50 Posts

Star bit set, hex bit set, english and metric sockets, ratchet w/ extender, jack + jackstands, basics like hammer/pliers/wire stripper, maybe a torque wrench, soldering iron for wiring nice, screwdrivers (orangejuice + vodka). That's about all I've ever needed. Rented the rest from AutoZone on an 'as needed' basis.

I agree with running to Sears and getting one of those Craftsmen kits! It's too bad I can't find a Sears that hasn't closed here in Maryland! I have to go to Home Depot to look at their meager selection of off-brand hand tools on the weekends

·
Registered
3,821 Posts

I have to go to Home Depot to look at their meager selection of off-brand hand tools on the weekends
actually i think their Husky brand is pretty nice. they come with the same lifetime warranty as the craftsman tools.

Nate

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

you might as well get some gloves too.

·
Registered
798 Posts

I got a nice Craftsman kit from Sears. It is something like 75pc. and comes in a zippered case. It has wrences, metric and standard sockets, etc.

·
I am Teds custom title. Not anything like the one
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

what are we trying? That i dont have the tools for?
just wantin to build up a tool set so incase i have stupid stuff i need to do in the future or what not,maybe little bigger projects i can say i have the proper tools and use them too...im noticing a minisquel oil leak by my valve cover,so im thinkin either it just needs to be tightened down or i need a new gasket...Also steven..i messed with a few fuses from what i told you happened in my car and stock fuse is a 7.5...and im now running a 20
needless to say it has me nervous..but anything less then that pops..im still wonderin what do i do about that..ive always had the setup thats in that car for months and months....i dunno

Ted

·
Registered
37 Posts

Wait till Black Monday and get a sweet Craftsman toolset from Sears.
What is this Black Monday thing?

·
Registered
6,296 Posts

lol i think he was confusing "Blue Monday" and "Black Friday" when he said that

"Blue Monday" is a song by New Order, later redone by Orgy.

"Black Friday" is the day after Thanksgiving where all hell breaks loose cuz it's the unofficial first day of Christmas shopping, and stores offer huge sales and stuff.

·
Registered
943 Posts

Hey VizualXTacyZX3. Check out this post I just made about a great deal on a Craftsman tool set.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts