INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across this when logging on;

Top 10 Lists

Top 10 Cars With the Worst Residual Value
By Edmunds.com Editors
Date Posted 05-07-2003
The percentage following the car is the total amount of depreciation that takes place over five years and 15,000 miles per year. The bigger the number, the worse it is. Keep in mind that the depreciation percentages are based on the national TMV price plus typical options plus destination charge.

1.Kia Spectra — 74.11%

2.Kia Rio — 73.65%

3.Dodge Intrepid — 72.19%

4.Dodge Neon — 71.50%

5.Kia Optima — 71.11%

6.Hyundai Accent — 70.84%

7.Mercury Sable — 70.75%

8.Buick Park Avenue — 69.99%

9.Chevrolet Cavalier— 69.57%

10.Buick Century— 69.55%
What do you think?

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
I think i know why my friend was able to buy a 2001 intrepid for only $5k.

·
Registered
729 Posts
NEON!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Money Magazine has a list of expected residual values for all 2003 cars and trucks. The Focus residual value is not very good (compared w/ VW or Honda), but it is better than the other Ford cars (Tarus & Crown Vic)

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
bwahaha, i love this list. it's good when i need to argue with my friends in defense of my car lol.

·
Registered
742 Posts
::sigh::

really expected the focus to be there!
me too.

i wonder what makes the sable depreciate more than the taurus though. they're basically the same car, but is it because the sable has a higher price (barely higher though)?

·
Banned
6,369 Posts
HA! My old loser boss has a Neon he was always telling me how much more value it had over my Focus...

He's such a tool. I'm glad I don't work under him anymore.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
as much as everyone talks bad about all the hyundai's i only see one up there...as opposed to how many ford products up there!? just wanted to point that one out...

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
i wonder who was # 11, 12, 13, etc. cuz the percentages aren't that different from the 1st car to the last car in the list

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
as much as everyone talks bad about all the hyundai's i only see one up there...as opposed to how many ford products up there!? just wanted to point that one out...
Dodge=2
Ford/Mercury=1
GM=3
Hyundai/KIA=4

1 - 12 of 12 Posts