Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I'm Not Better Than You Since I Drive a Porsche, I
3,343 Posts
Toyota Echo: At least the name is accurate: It's not quite a car--just an echo of one. The face of this car suggests a cringing animal that expects to be whacked in the head at any moment, while the tail almost begs to be kicked. Having to drive a bottom-feeder econo-car is bad enough; this is pure meanness on Toyota's part.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That was Great!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I saw some glaring omissions.

EVO VIII - nastiest vehicle in the history of mankind. The front of Fred Flinstones car had better lines.

Monte Carlo - Still have yet to have this car grow on me at all.

New BMW 5 series

Ferrari Enzo - bits and pieces of it are brilliant. Overall, it looks like a frankencar that only a mad scientist would be proud of.

·
Registered
742 Posts
very funny. they really ripped apart the aztek and the aerio.

although i don't agree with what was written about the subaru wrx - i like the car that they have pictured on the site, but i don't like the new styling of the wrx sti version.

·
Registered
887 Posts
AAAAAAAAAAACK - AZTEC!!!

Three years ago at the Daytona 500 guess what was the pace "car"? Yup, you guessed it - a butt-ugly Aztek. The crowd just groaned and sighed as that ugly car led the pack around the track.

I remember the first time my 12 year old daughter saw one as we pulled up next to it at a stop light - she just said "omigosh Dad, what IS that ugly car?"

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I agree with their list EXCEPT for the BMW and the Subie.
Visually, both cars have some Unique features, but I would be hard-pressed to call them "Ugly".
The OTHERS however....

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Subaru WRX: A mixed bag. Such a capable drivetrain: 227 horsepower and all-wheel drive. Great price. Like the girl you'd marry--if you could just get past her looks.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
The Echo is indeed a very hideous car, and unlike the WRX, doesn't have good underpinnings at all.

·
LET'S GO RIDE BIKES
2,760 Posts
Regarding the Aztec... You'd think that SOMEONE at GM would have raised their hand and said something. I just don't see how that could be considered a "good design"
And notice you don't see a lot of them on the road. It's like the AMC Gremlin of the new milennium.
I don't agree with the WRX and the BMW 7 being on there though. C'mon there's uglier cars than that. Heck the new Neon SRT looks like ass and so does the Evo 8 for that matter! Well the front of 'em anyway...

[ 05-01-2003, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: robbyracer ]

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
wait a minute here... they still make the aztek? i didn't know it was still in production...

edit: had to add this

Hummer H2: At least you can park it out back--or better yet, cover it with mud. Military Humvees were built to be shot at, and that's not such a bad idea here, either. The good news is that it gets 10 miles per gallon and produces so much planet-warming C02 that we'll all be underwater soon enough--and thus spared having to seeing them around much longer
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

[ 05-01-2003, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: demonfire ]

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
The Aztek, despite being an abomination, is quite a nice vehicle. It handles well, is acceptably quick, is very smooth and very practical. Unfortunately, it looks worse than a vaginal infection.

·
Registered
84 Posts
im going to have to agree and say that the aztec is butt azz ugly and the rest of them except the beamer and the H2 and maybe the caddy but to all there own !!! oh my god is that a coconut on whells? ohhhh no its an ECHO!!! EWWWW

1 - 20 of 32 Posts