Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
VDUUUB said:
I SECOND THE 135 MPH 5 FEET FROM THE WALL AT THE TOP OF THE NASCAR CORNER
Yeah...about that...sorry again buddy. Might ought to have taken it a bit easy on ya at first. No regrets though right? :lol:

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
In the race group. The Scion would do 119mph with nobody around, But would hit 125 mph in the draft. The draft can play a big part at Cal-Speedway. I got passed in turn 1 in the Spec Focus and I got such a draft I would close back in going into turn 3, If I didn't have someone else in the car I would have passed him going into 3.

Almost all the fast times in TT/HPDE came with a draft.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Ted7rns said:
In the race group. The Scion would do 119mph with nobody around, But would hit 125 mph in the draft. The draft can play a big part at Cal-Speedway. I got passed in turn 1 in the Spec Focus and I got such a draft I would close back in going into turn 3, If I didn't have someone else in the car I would have passed him going into 3.

So that's why I shot through the oval so fast! :lol:

Seriously though...I didn't really think that the draft would affect us that much with such varying levels of aero and speed. Another element of the CA Speedway factor I guess.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
JCMRacing #37 said:
So that's why I shot through the oval so fast! :lol:

Seriously though...I didn't really think that the draft would affect us that much with such varying levels of aero and speed. Another element of the CA Speedway factor I guess.
To be honest it will affect our cars or small bore cars more then the faster cars.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
LOL Blame it on having a rider you can do better then that I think you maybe should of tightend the center straps between your legs????
Ted7rns said:

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
Ted7rns said:

Drafting helped me catch a 5.0 in the oval. I bet he was confused after pulling on me hard at the beginning of the oval. :lol:

·
Professor PowerSlide
5,944 Posts
CatMostFeared said:
after watching the video I saw a lot of Vettes How many people a vette or other fast cars :cool:
I was aware of 4 C6 Z06 at the track. Probably about 20 AI and AIX cars combined. (2) Ferrari 360 Challenge cars, a few vipers gts's, one of the fast NASA instructors had a killer Audi, but I believe it had mechanicals on Sunday. Nasa has a huge following for the event I believe I heard like 400 cars

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
slidemaster said:
I was aware of 4 C6 Z06 at the track. Probably about 20 AI and AIX cars combined. (2) Ferrari 360 Challenge cars, a few vipers gts's, one of the fast NASA instructors had a killer Audi, but I believe it had mechanicals on Sunday. Nasa has a huge following for the event I believe I heard like 400 cars
Yeah, Patrick Lindsey is very fast in that Audi S4. He won two National Championship last year in PT and TT.

I don't think we had 400 cars, maybe more like 300 cars.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Ted7rns said:
To be honest it will affect our cars or small bore cars more then the faster cars.
Good to know. I might not get out of line so fast next time I'm out there.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Ted7rns said:
In the race groups you will see two teams try to work together during qualifing.
No kidding...in qualifying huh? That almost seems like cheating, but it's all about how you play the game.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
68 Touring Car said:
LOL Blame it on having a rider you can do better then that I think you maybe should of tightend the center straps between your legs????
LOL. I know she only weighs about 100lbs. But it's still a 100lbs.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts