Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Frame made out of old shovels.

What's amazing is that is what he though of the SVTL. Wonder what he'd think of a plain Jane run of the mill F-150?

Oh, and I wonder if that will be or has been played in the states?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know if it was played via speed vision but it's all over the lightning forums you should see some of there coments quite funny. i personally love the SVTL. and thought the fitment problems must of been by whoever did the right hand drive conversion. and who the hell take a SVTL offroad since the show was on the f150 as a whole why not use and FX4 or something that was just stupid.
And man was i jealous of there bread variety.

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts
they bashed the viper too.
how bout a bed cover to keep your stuff from getting"nicked"
I think they killed the interior themselves i doubt it looks like that. and how many people in the country use lightnings as their work trucks its not for that for gods sake. they use big f150 4x4 s not something with z rated sticky tires. or they use a titan

·
I'm the 'intellectual' here
4,225 Posts
I almost agree with him...I never really like the SVTL other than for its exterior look when dropped, and the HP.

*Dons flame retardant suit and ducks for cover*

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
As if there was any doubt that Jeremy would hate the Lightning
. I think the Viper sucks too, the old one had more character imo.
dem bloody brits, tis two worlds you know

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
na in reality...its all a perspective of a swap RHD setup (not a good swap) and he is also aiming at the people who are from areas where it would be stupid to have it...

always loved the lighting, yeh the interior is out-dated..but its been around a long time and wait till the next version comes out..

the way ford is going, it won't be too shabby

he's just pist it can out run a porsche

-chris

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
pretty cool vid, i knew jermey would hate a pickup. He hates corvete's and viper's for god sakes

I nearly cried watching it go through the woods, yah can tow a 5000lb trailer not go muddin with it

He is funny though, the incest comment,gun racks, eatin by a bear

He seemed to like the speed,power and blower whine

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
na in reality...its all a perspective of a swap RHD setup (not a good swap) and he is also aiming at the people who are from areas where it would be stupid to have it...

always loved the lighting, yeh the interior is out-dated..but its been around a long time and wait till the next version comes out..

the way ford is going, it won't be too shabby

-chris
Well to be honest allot of the knocking he did was that the roads are very different in most of the world then in the US. Hell you and I live in the NYC/ tri state area, the most densely populated part of the US, and yet Europe is still more compact. Picture how narrow the lanes are over a bridge in this area wile road work is going on. That is the NORMAL lane with in Europe.

And yes the interior looked a little beat on, but to be honest, that generation F150 was very dated, and did not have the nicest interior. What is the normal life cycle in Europe for cars 3-5 years? The platform the last f150 was on was what 10-15 years old?
With more competition coming in to the US ford is stepping it up, the new f150 is MUCH better than the last generation, but it’s still a truck, Not very practical on narrow city, and village roads in Europe.

My stepdad has an F150, and I cant stand driving the thing. We have been refused parking may of times because it is just too big. Most parking spaces are not that big in dense areas like the northeastern US or Europe.

·
Registered
314 Posts
most people that go for a walk in the American countryside get eaten by a bear
A more true statement has never been uttered.

I wonder what kind of trucks they have over there and what kind of modern technology went into building them? I can't think of a European truck off the top of my head.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
I love Top Gear. Jeremy Clarkson kicks ass.

Frankly, pretty much everything about the American way of life deserves to be knocked.
...buncha fuel-swilling redneck bastards we are!

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
I love Top Gear. Jeremy Clarkson kicks ass.

Frankly, pretty much everything about the American way of life deserves to be knocked.
...buncha fuel-swilling redneck bastards we are!

i have to agree...and i love it

but i would also love to see him retract the 'incest' statement on US TopGear and have a test drive overhere of that...lets see how much his statement would change then

-chris

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Aw, c'mon, what redneck-bashing is complete without an incest joke tossed into the mix?

·
Registered
5 Posts
rpv is right. The roads are so tiny in europe. I remember when i was in London while driving down some streets they were so narrow that if two cars were comming from opposite directions which ever car got closest to the middle got right of way. The other car had to backup till the first intersection to let the other car pass.

SVTFoci, lorries, their trucks are very narrow and tall over there. But they are more like our small moving trucks they dont really have pickuptrucks

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
wow that was pretty damn funny haha

·
White Elephant Husband
3,222 Posts
I love that show and I love him. He makes fun of the French all the time.

I do however believe if it doesnt cost over 100k, they will bash it somehow.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I love that show and I love him. He makes fun of the French all the time.

I do however believe if it doesnt cost over 100k, they will bash it somehow.
not true, they love a lot of small cars

they're totally right however, full-size 4x4 pickups just don't fit in the UK. the plastic interiors on a 40K quid vehicle especially don't fit

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
He missed the whole point. You don't drive a Lightning, you point it in a straight line and hold on.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts