Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
i believe it has even been dynoed by someone on here. conclusion was it doesnt work, if i remember right. there was a rather large thread about it.

G

·
0 Posts
I tried that on my Lude and didn't work. Returning was a hassle. Naz also dynoed a while back and that thing was just a mind teaser do not waste your time on that thing.

=dRe=

·
Registered
943 Posts
From what I recall there was actually a loss of HP and fuel mileage went down.

·
Banned
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I kinda figured it was a scam.

I always thought if it did do such wonderful things, then all the car makers would be adding them to the engines on all their new cars.

Thanks for the heads up.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Moving to Zetec Tuning.

BTW - Scam

- Drew

·
Registered
222 Posts
this point was brought up by my auto teacher. sure it can spin the air and allow more to flow in, but what happends when it goes into the intake manifold? just take one look at a manifold and there is no way the air could continue to "spin".

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Originally posted by Scottlax:
this point was brought up by my auto teacher. sure it can spin the air and allow more to flow in, but what happends when it goes into the intake manifold? just take one look at a manifold and there is no way the air could continue to "spin".
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Your teacher's correct to a point. The idea isn't to keep the air spinning when it hit's the intake or cylinders, but instead it's supposed to spin the incoming air so that when it picks up the fuel it helps atomization as it enters the intake plenum thereby creating a better burn or more complete combustion. This is 1930's technology and if we were still running carb's this thing might have some value, but for today's engines with fuel injection being squirted directly into the intake ports it's absolutely usless and can actually have a negative effect since it would impede air flow. Today's injection systems really produce an ultra fine fuel mist unlike carb's that squirted raw fuel into the airhorn and into the path of the incoming air.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Tornado Fuel Saver?!?! 28% better MPG??? This is such BS!!!!!! (It really more like 26%...)

[ 01-15-2003, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: Folk-S ]

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
everything I have read on here says it is a scam. I wouldn't buy it, but it is interesting to see them try to sell it on the infomercials.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
yes...NAZ the great came through

And i only made like 1 dyno run, cause my buddy hennant(dyno owner) told me once that thing fell apart, went into my engine, blowing it up, it would probably spill some oil down into his dyno and cause it to take a ****....and he just couldnt have that

But hey, the upside is that on the way home, i ran out of fuel, the car stopped....so i popped the tornado in and somehow it swirled and twirled, and sucked the fuel vapor out of the tank enough to start the car and get me to safety, its worth every penny

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
You know what's funny about these things?

When they first came out, 4 or 5 years ago, they were $19.99

Since then, they have been proven to be ****e by everyone and their moms, but the price is up to $69.99

Sweet.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
I just saw that infomercial for the first time, and I'm sad to say that most of that was filmed right here in Burbank.... mere blocks from my house as a matter of fact.

How our filming commission could allow that I'll never know.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts