Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what kinda performance increase I would expect by going with these mods. I was thinking about a tranny swap, but I'm not thrilled about all the work involved.....and I was wondering how these parts would help my auto compare to the 5-speed. I would probably go for a torque converter with around a 3200 rpm stall speed. Thanx for your help

·
Registered
299 Posts
levelten says that you'll get somewhere around a .5 second 1/4 mile time decrease with these upgrades.

why do you specifically want a 3200 rpm stall? as best as i understand it, you'd want the stall speed matched to your hp/tq curves for ideal launches.

then again, i could be wrong.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
wait until Wolff Racing comes out with their torque converter, it should have an adjustable stall, more or less ideal for drag

I launch full throttle full brake on the stocker and its a perfect launch every time....whatever that stall is I figure would be ideal for the Wolff Racing on street tires....slicks would be much higher...

shift kits, I don't know the differences between the kits available/yet to be available at this time, so thats a toss up, I'll probably end up getting Wolff Racings Torque Converter, Level Ten's internals, and whichever valve body has the highest line pressure (aka, whoever provides a new valve body as opposed a reworked stock unit)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Originally posted by FocusXny:
wolff died
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">??...from what i knew there company wasn't much of anything...but thats just from calling them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts