Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
[FJ] Fail Brigade
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
PerfectSaiyan said:
hehe why isnt this stickied :p

are the tranny / suspension / brake specs available too? I will be printing this out and keeping it all for future reference
OrangeSVT03 said:
Can you post the same thing for the 2003 DOHC Zetec VIN 5 (SVT) version????

Pretty please :D
sorry guys haven't checked back much. i'm not at school so no access to our alldata. i'll try to get that in january/february. i'm sure theres gotta be another mechanic on FJ that can copy and paste everything like i did then clean it up for everybody.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Some ARP ones too, is there any way to put this at the top? I'm workin on the ARP focus specific paper too.

g

·
Registered
155 Posts
wow, this is an awesome sticky. I'm just about to do almost a total rebuild on my engine and I am replacing ALOT of parts and this is the most helpful post I've seen.

·
[FJ] Fail Brigade
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
mr.squatch said:
Some ARP ones too, is there any way to put this at the top? I'm workin on the ARP focus specific paper too.

g
done

·
I'm bringing Zetec back...
3,345 Posts
"Camshaft timing belt pulleys 50 ft. lbs."

This cannot be correct, It would snap everytime IMO. Is this supposed to be in. lbs.?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
thats gotta be the big bolt in the middle. not the tiny adjusters.

g

·
Banned
334 Posts
What does NM stand for?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Re: zetec TQ Specs

Great link, but I realize one torque spec is missing, also missing from the shop manual. And that is the "front"/passenger side engine mount to the bracket. The torque for two nuts on studs, "Engine front mount to engine" is 80Nm and "Engine front mount to body" three bolts is 48Nm, so I'm guessing that engine mount to bracket is something more than 80Nm, but how much more? I'm guessing it could be as high as the 133Nm for "Engine rear mount (nut on trans mounting bracket)" of 133Nm, but I'd rather not be guessing......

80Nm, same as the "Engine front mount to engine" felt about right for a single bolt of this size, though I still wonder if it is more.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wasn't in this thread so I'll add it...found on another site when I went looking.
The original focus thermostat housing torque value is shown as 15 ft-lbs. I have the Contour thermostat housing from C-F-M and the torque value shown for that in the Hayes manual is 78 in-lbs.

·
I
13,302 Posts
Wasn't in this thread so I'll add it...found on another site when I went looking.
The original focus thermostat housing torque value is shown as 15 ft-lbs. I have the Contour thermostat housing from C-F-M and the torque value shown for that in the Hayes manual is 78 in-lbs.
Wow, that's half the value. Isn't the Contour housing metal too?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts