Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting new suspension bushings and figure I would get a complete kit and replace them all at once. My question is should I go with Prothane or Energy Suspension? Where one kit lacks, it makes up for by having something the other kit doesn't. Does anyone have one of these kits?

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
buy the prothane then get the bits and pieces that its missing from ES....I know they sell theirs seperately, dunno about prothane, they should be the same though, just different colors

have fun man, thats a f'n hard install

·
Registered
556 Posts
I got the energy suspension set from OptionsAuto.com I ordered the motor mount seperate but got a good deal on all of it.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the energy suspension set from OptionsAuto.com I ordered the motor mount seperate but got a good deal on all of it.
notice a difference in handling?

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
buy the prothane then get the bits and pieces that its missing from ES....I know they sell theirs seperately, dunno about prothane, they should be the same though, just different colors

have fun man, thats a f'n hard install
which ones were the hardest or were they all a pita?

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Hardest would be the Front Control-Arm Bushings, followed by the Front Sway-Bar Bushings.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
I was going to do mine sometime soon. Jason I'll get with you and do both cars at the same time, if cool.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
they should be the same though, just different colors
No, Prothane is available in both Black and Red.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
like Michaelxi said......the control arms would be the hardest then the front sway bar....otherwise they're all easy, especially the rear suspension pieces

1 - 10 of 10 Posts