Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have added the Jackson SC, I am interested in knowing the labor cost to install the unit. I understand the hardware can be had for about $2700, but I don't know what the cost for intallation would add.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
do it yourself and it will be free. To pay someone I would say it will range from $500 to $750.

Bring it here..I won't charge anything but beer and lunch. I haven't done a JRSC, but I have done enough vortech's on stangs to know my way around the engine compartment!

edit:
how funny...I just saw you are in maryland to. Thats cool. well, if you want, I am more than willing to help out. And if needed I have a couch you can crash on. I am down in waldorf.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
yeah...complete instructions. the onyl problems I have read about are some people have had a couple minor parts missing that they get from a local store and I think there is one section of the instructions people have said isn't 100% clear. Just need to do a search and find out what these things are before you install!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Man Jason, when I get the JRSC (around Nov. or Dec.) you should come on down to TX and help me with the install. Then I can take you to a Cowboys game, or we could drive into Houston and watch the Rockets play cause my dad is getting season tickets to the Rockets. Oh wait a minute, when does Basketball season start? Oh well, we can go to the Cowboys for sure. You should see my new apt. it is huge, well for me anyway. Has a back yard AND a garage! Come on Jason you know you wanna!!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Re: anytime david

David...no problem man. Just let me know when and I should be able to make the trip. I will see you at the end of this month actually. Get it by then and we can put it on.

But, as far as the sports..well you know I am more a fan of college football and I am sure my team will be playing that weekend..so we would have to take a 3hr break!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Re: anytime david

Right on brother man! End of the month is looking iffy. I am actually moving in to my new apt on the 30th, so it is going to be hard for me to meet up with my uncle in Austin that weekend, but we will see what happens. COME ON NOVEMBER!!
(yeah wish i could get it in 10 days!!)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Can someone be more specific about what is needed (extra)for the JRSC kit to be installed??? I will be doing mine next Friday???

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
there shouldn't be anything specific needed. It is suppose to come with everything and thats it. But some people, not everyone have mentioned they were missing a hose here or zip ties, small stuff like that. So really what you need to do is compare what should be there with what is actually there. Do a search under JRSC or something and read. Everyone has posted about it. You may also want to check the FI forum. There are many of the ZX3 people who have installed these so they might have some good recommendations.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Make sure you have 2 days set aside in case something goes wrong. Other than that, just make sure you have another car in case you need to make a trip to the hardware store for those pieces left out of the kit (zip ties, hoses, clamps etc)

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
For peace of mind have it installed.
My brother installed his own kitchen cabinets. When they came crashing down months later, he had no one to blame but himself.

·
Registered
269 Posts
For peace of mind have it installed.
For total peace of mind, have it installed by Jackson Racing Service in Westminster, CA.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts