Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what do you recommend for a newbie to bring to the track?

1. cooler with water etc.

2. snacks (Lunch?)

3. Basic Tools

4. unbrella if its hot.

5. Extra Oil/brake fluid

6. folding chair

*EDIT* 7. Fuel? do i need to bring extra?

thanks!

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
:lol:

I've been thinking of what I used to carry. What I started out with, vs what I carry now.

But what you've got is a good start. Theres a little trailer setup that sells food, a $20 will cover your breakfast and lunch. But also bring the waters/gatorade/whatever you wanna drink. I also bring an easy-up that I've got... but if you do that, bring something heavy to tie it down. Gets VERY breezy after 2pm and if they blow into another car, or on track you're in trouble, bigtime.

Yeah bring extra brake fluid and oil. I bleed the brakes while at the track waiting for my first session usually. I have a full setup of tools. Wrenches, sockets, etc. Torque wrench to torque the lugs (DO IT EVERY SESSION BEFORE YOU GO OUT!!!!) Oh and some spare lug nuts and studs if you snap.

But... lemme say this. If you forget something, don't stress. Its likely that one of us will have it, and most assuredly you can borrow or have whatever you might need (like a wheel stud).

As for fuel: The easiest thing to do for you would be to fill up at one of the gas stations right off the freeway, and head back at lunch. I'd recommend that you use 91, even if you're just running the stock tune (little bit of extra safety.... but not a big deal). Off the freeway its MUCH CHEAPER than at the track. If you've got a gas can, you can fill up there and no need to run back, but don't spend the extra money to get a can. There will be plenty of time to run back and get gas between sessions.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
great thanks alot todd. this really helps. i dont want to forget or not know about something important like if you bring an easy-up, its as windy as hell so have it loaded down.

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts
You've got a good list started there. Don't forget sunscreen, a jack and jack stands if you have them, and a tire pressure gauge. Even if its a cheapie. Check your pressures when you come off course and set them to what you want them to be at hot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts