Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are getting some wicked rain here in the midwest and I got caught out in it today. My car started to hydroplane while pulling out of a corner and the traction control started lighting up as it always does when I lose traction. Well, after it flickered of and on for a few seconds the light remained on and the abs light came on as well. The lights remained on all the way home. I figured turn the car of and come back to it later and maybe the computer will reset itself. Well no such luck, the lights are both still on and I'm baffled as to what could have caused this. I find it hard to belive that the traction control broke itself doing what it is designed to do. I was only doing maybe 20mph when the car lost traction. Have any of you ever heard of this happening? Should I pull some sort of fuse, or should I make my 300th trip to the Ford dealer? Man, I love this car, its like owning an old british sports car, cranky as hell but a blast to drive.

·
Registered
197 Posts
try checking your fuses I beleive that it will be either your 21 or 11 fuse in the hot box under the hood if not check the fuse under the dash. one of them might have blown do to the lack of traction going on and off so check those out first and if that isn't it I don't know

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
If your TC wasn't working right, the first time you get on the brakes in the rain the rear tires would lock up. With the TC and anti lock disabled there is no porportioning of the pressure going to the breaks, front and rear get the same, so the rear tend to lock up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts