Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is a 2001 black focus, question guys and gals?!?

Look at it and tell me if i should trade in with or with out mods? Looky here..
Or should i replace it all back to stock? The rims and tires are only month and a half old too....gay...but i gotta get bigga for the children you know?.?......

It sucks but i figured id ask for all you guys out their who have done this in the past.....

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
NO! Sell the parts in the classified and get way more $$$

Dealers will mark down trade in value cuz of it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok then, thx i figured the same but i was wondering if anyone else had success? I am gonna leave the rims on their though....have to, i traded my stock ones to someone else for their stockers....and then the ones i got were bent....sucked....

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Every time I've traded in the cars, they always let me take the parts off (including MOMO rims, tires, alpine/ a/d/s/ stereo system, strut bars, exhaust, etc.)and still give me the same price. The dealer is not going to care about the mods and will not give you more money for it, in most cases. If you were selling it to a private party, that would be a different story.

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
My car is a 2001 black focus, question guys and gals?!?
The rims and tires are only month and a half old too....gay...but i gotta get bigga for the children you know?.?......
Why do you need to get rid of the focus in the first place? The focus was originally designed to be a family car anyway. I could maybe see just get a 4-5 door focus instead of the 3 door and then transferring all the parts over? What were you planning on getting instead of the focus? I know my little brothers like to ride in the back of my focus more then my moms mini van. They said it has more room for them, and the seats are more comfortable. (mom has a WB edition Chevy Venture brothers are 9 and 6)

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Part it out. Dealership will not give you more for the mods you have done to your car.

·
Registered
75 Posts
From my understanding modifications actually hurt the value of a trade in because the dealers cannot warranty those parts of the car so the dealer almost always has to sell modded cars at auction, so i would say return it to stock.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
From my understanding modifications actually hurt the value of a trade in because the dealers cannot warranty those parts of the car so the dealer almost always has to sell modded cars at auction, so i would say return it to stock.
From what I know and experienced, dealerships just sell those used modded cars "as is"....like most used cars too.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I recently traded my car in with everything on it mainly cuz I 1) to lazy to take the things off 2) I hardly paid anything for the body items except maybe the paint job...under the hood I left the Y2k ported manifold, 70mm MAFS, iceman, bosal exhaust, AFX UDP, STR Fuel Rail..I sold the bigger items that I had removed from the car cause I was planning to a PZEV. I sold the FS Race Header, FS Cam Gears, Crower Cams, FS Intake, and Ford Racing Cam Gears...it was a very nice chunk to the down payment on my new focus PZEV.. The car was exactly 2 years old with 52,000 miles on it
and I got $5600 trade in value and I still owed $10K on it..when it was all said and done Ford Paid off my focus and I put $800 down payment and I had a nice $290 montly payment for 5 years with a very low APR and on my OWN credit yaayyy! I was very happy...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts