Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been an ongoing discussion in my head for what seems like months!
I have a 2000 zx3 with the autotragic tranny
and quite a few boltons.

My question for you guys is!!!!

Should I keep it for the remainder of my loan,and trade it then, which will end in (june) 2005 Or.....

Trade my somewhat quick P.O.S for a 2004 pzev 5-speed around tax time next spring?

I'm just wandering what would be the smart thing to do (financially wise).
My payoff is just over 6,000$ on my 2000 zx3 with auto, air, 6-disc cd...that's it no power anything! Oh yeah, I will be departing it!!
I'm just curious if I try the easy way and go to the dealer to trade it in will they screw me????
Over 97,000 miles now, and by the time I decide to trade it in it will have prolly 105k miles or more! and my payoff will be about 4,800$
Do you guys think I should wait til' I'm done with the loan or go ahead and trade it in with my payoff that low?
Damn it I want a 5-speed...I've gone through 2 tranny's already and don't want to get a third! 1400$ each time (out of warrenty of course).

So you guys give me some feedback on what I should do, and sorry if it seems a little scatter brained!!But I'm tired and it's late

john-

·
Registered
723 Posts
i'm actually thinking about doing the same. however i think it would be better to wait and see what the '05 SVTF is before you get a pzev (that is if ford doesn't dump it).

·
Registered
727 Posts
Either of you have rear disc? Lets do a swap!!!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No rear discs hear!!! I wish...
Hey fonzie do you still have that scanner, If so let me know and maybe I can meet up with you somewhere in LA and you can help me with my codes

You pick the day, sometime in the morning...b4 1pm

john-

·
Registered
727 Posts
sometime in the morning...b4 1pm

john-
How about after 6PM or on the weekend buddy. I work for a living...

Actually this Saturday could be possible. Early though!!!

PM me!!!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Personally, I would never "trade-in" any vehicle to the dealer. You are giving up what could amount to $2000+ ! Always sell your car yourself and then buy your new car. I would also never sell/trade-n any vehicle which I did not have a decent amount of equity in.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I'd just keep the car and don't trade it in. Dealership will probably buy the car for HELLA cheap and IMHO, that ain't worth it.

I say just keep the car or look for someone to actually buy your car at a better price.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I would wait, and research every car you are interested in. Then make the best choice. Wait for some better rebates and what not. I payed mine off about two months ago and thought about trading it in now for my 350z or mach 1. But i decided to save up money and put a big downpayment on the car i REALLY want and that works best for me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I used to sell fords. trust me if you trade it in you'll get hosed big time.The main reason is the 2000 focus can be bought wholsale at a dealer auction for a little over $4000.Second you're milage is over normal usage which is a deduct. third most dealer consider anything over 80k miles a wholsale car and have used car lots bid on the car and thats where you're trade in price comes from and those guys are notoriously cheap. Best thing to do is to pay down the loan ,sell it out right , and save up a down payment.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I work at a Ford dealership, and you would probably get around $5400-$6000. Sell it to an enthusiest, you will get your moneys worth

1 - 11 of 11 Posts