Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd ask here as I know someone must swap out their tires for autocross.

Searched for about 2 hours and nothing. I am looking for a trailer wiring harness to use on my 05 Focus. I do NOT want to splice any wires or use Scotch locks. I contacted Tousley Ford and Steve told me that Ford does not offer a harness for the Focus. I looked at the Draw-tite website and no help there either.

If I have to I will make my own harness but I can't be the only one who has ever towed with a Focus!

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
You can fit a significant amount of garbage in the focus. I know I had 12 wheels and tires, a tool box, 2 big gear boxes, a suitcase, a tent, and some other stuff in the hatch of my car.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can fit a significant amount of garbage in the focus. I know I had 12 wheels and tires, a tool box, 2 big gear boxes, a suitcase, a tent, and some other stuff in the hatch of my car.
Oh I know it! I fit a full size shortbed's worth of stuff in with room to spare.

But I picked up a whole rear suspension module yesterday and even though I was really careful I still nicked my bumper and put a scratch down to the plastic in it before unloading my bike. Those two marks alone will cost more than the trailer / hitch setup to fix (though, not a huge deal, as I am getting the Euro shorty bumper). In addition I still have 58 payments to go so trying to keep it nice

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The guy that posted this ad might know. CLICK ME!!!
Thanks!! Unfortunately for me he responded after I bought my hitch setup this morning (I PM'ed him a couple months ago with no response). But you are right hopefully he can help.

Otherwise it's splicing in to my 2 month old car, lol.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
12 wheels and tires *INSIDE* the hatch? I was very proud to get my 4 track wheels/tires in the rear cargo area all lined up nice. I can see that with the rear seats removed it is a bit of a cave in there. I'm sure the onsite unload would be quite a sight to behold. Now that I have a partial cage, I guess I might be able to cram 2 in the front seat (easier if I removed the seat). But that's it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
etrailer.com list a generic harness for Ford, no splicing, no dicing.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
12 wheels and tires *INSIDE* the hatch?
Yes you can fit this much stuff in a Focus

It looks a little like

1 - 10 of 10 Posts