Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running up on 31000 miles and have not once touched any thing related to transmission care.

for the past couple days, my tranny has been feeling weird. Going into first and second and even third, it's been giving me a challenge; i have to really push it in. I try to be gentle and not push it as many times as possible but it seems sometimes that I have to almost force it in to really grab. Basically there isn't any smooth shifts.

Is this my cable linkage? Or does my tranny fluid need to be changed now?

Thanks for any help. It is my 'first real' car that I'm totally responsible for so this is my first time dealing with this. And to begin with, I never knew when the right time was to change tranny fluid. I'm trying to drive as little as possible right now until I find out what the problem is.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
yeepp!! Its time to change that tranny fluid!! That should smoooth out the shifts a great deal and you get to see all kinds of cool metal shavings inside of your old tranny fluid..As long as its not grinding it should solve that problem.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies. I might just bring this to Ford this week.

Also, what is the common time periods surrounding changing of tranny fluid?

Also, what is the best tranny fluid to go with; if there is one better than the other...?

Any other fluids to check other than oil at this time..???

Thanks again in advance for any replies

1 - 5 of 5 Posts