Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think its time I do some Maintenance on my focus...What type of tranny fluid should I use to replace the exisisting? Also what else would you reccomend that I do as far as Maint? I have 35,000 Miles...I just replaced my stock spark plugs 2 days ago and boy what a diff!

·
Registered
591 Posts
did you really feel a diffrence withthe plugs we changes out? the autolights are great plugs! about the tranny fluid thing i think u should just ummmmmmm i dunno yeaaaaaaa !!!!!

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Redline synthetics are top notch. They make a product called MTL if you have a 5 speed, and they make a full synth ATF--among many other cool products

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you have tha MTX I would rock some Mobil 1 ATF. It deffinetlry helps out with the rough shifts - but it dosent cure it completley. After Doing Mobil 1 oil and tranny - im mobil 1 for life. The tranny fluid is kind of a pain in the arse - you have to pump it in - i used a cheap 99 cent siphon pump - that could have been the problem

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everybody! Im a lazy ass so Im just gonna go have it pumped and done by the pro's...so that way if its done wrong or sumthin i can blame somebody else besides myself...This way they will pump it really good and make sure all the old crap is out of there..

·
Registered
295 Posts
I just put Redline MTL in my 5 speed and it's noticeably smoother shifting. I also put in polyurethane tranny mounts which further improved shifting quality but increased NVH at idle significantly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts