Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone else has had any tranny problems....ive got a dogamatic(auto) and ive got a late shift between 2nd and 3rd gear......im looking to trade in for a 5 speed but with this problem im getting raped on trade value...any ideas or fixes thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
describe your problem more in detail because my mom has a zx2 and its an automatic and in my opinion it shifts really hard between second and third but shes had it to the dealer many times and they say its fine. they say theres also an adjustment you can make thats on the outside of the tranny i dunno where it is though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
when my old atx zx2 did that i was told i needed a new forward clutch and they needed to clean the vavle box(?) it only had 20k on it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well....not sure how much more detail i can give....it ran fine from 27k to about 39k miles. My check engine light came on at 36100 I thought nothing of it because so many people told me that it was probably on to have it checked out for a 36k tume up etc.....then at 39k i noticed that my car was chugging a little bit so i stopped at auto zone to have them read my odb2...they told me that the egr was having issues. so after advice from my tuner buddies i disconnected the egr....car seemed to run fine. I did notice a bit of a slip in the tranny but assumed that it just needed a 40k service. I then began looking around to find a 5speed zx3 and when i did they only appraised my car at 5500 due to the late shift between 2nd and third. So i have an appt with the dealer on thursday. They told me that if it was a tranny issue that ford would stand by it up to 60k also that the egr was covered by ford. So thats more detail that you needed but what the hell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts