Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe it's stuck in 5th gear
. The shifter moves up and down freely, but not side to side. It'll be towed to Demmer tommorow to get looked at
. I have the steeda short shifter, but that does not look to be the problem.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Yes it is! One of your cables popped off. There is one that holds the side to side movement and one that holds the verticle movement. You are going to end up paying a repair fee for something that would take you about 30 minutes to fix with a screw driver and a pair of channel locks.

Please tell me you at least took the center console off before you sent it off to be towed!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Yeah, if you put the Steeda shifter in yourself, I would take a look at it. Even if you didn't, take a look anyway before you have it towed. It's very easy to fix!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Believe me, that was the first thing I checked. The problem is that the lever on the right is stuck in place, which is preventing the shifter from being moved from side to side. Also, when I do move it up and down, it doesn't click into any gear because it's already in gear

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Good luck man. I hope they don't give you crap for having the Steeda on there...

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good news: there was a part disconnected, down by the transmission. Covered by warranty, not a single word about the short shifter

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
That is good news to hear svtfocuspower

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Good news: there was a part disconnected, down by the transmission. Covered by warranty, not a single word about the short shifter
Congrats man.. I was really worried for ya!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts