Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i found a tranny with 3k miles on it for 400bux shipped

since im pulling the tranny might as well drop a centerforce in, what about a lightweight flywheel

I mainly autocross and sometimes drag. Is it worth it?
I got 60k on my flywheel now and it has many hard miles, and smoked clutchs on it. If i get it resurfaced wont that take away material having the PP have to push the clutch plate a little farther. Wouldnt that reduce clamping force? or is it to small to make a difference.

Since a stock flywheel is about 100 bux is it worth it to resurface it, new oem or just go light weight

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
lightweight flywheel is wonderful for street/autocross. I wouldn't trade mine back to stock for anything. One problem is, it lost me about half a second at the drag strip. Not enough rotating mass to push thru the engine bog. No biggy, well worth it to me. My car revs superfast now (with the 70mmtb too). good luck

g

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my mod list is

Volant
FC TB
Crower 2nd gen stage 2's
FC Race Header
FC Small UDP
Magnaflow

So if you lost time in the 1/4 cuz it bogs a little that seems like it would hurt autox

Anyone else have input

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
OHHHH!! ABSOLUTELY! An aluminum flywheel is worth it's weight in GOLD. I wouldn't have a focus now without one after having one. It makes the car soo much "zippier" and easier to drive. I have the focussport 9lb in mine with a centerforce clutch. The only problem I have with the lightnened flywheel is it is extremely noisy! When sitting at an idle with foot off the clutch it makes all kinds of weird noises and if your driving slow next to a building you can hear a good bit of noise. Other than that its great! Scott

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
oh yeah forgot to chime in on this too. Yes, my car has a little more noticeble "bog" when shifting from 1st to 2nd at the track, even with my HP. Like he said, not enough rotating mass "inirtia" hope this is helpful Scott

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmmm a turbo car boggin with the flywheel hrmmmmmm

well its looking like its gonna come down to the $$$ lol

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
where is the best price on a FS or fidanza, any other folywheels out there?

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Well, we sell the FS flywheel for $399.95 and are offering free ground shipping right now.
I love my FS flywheel!! Quality is 1st rate (Similar to the Fidanza flywheel I had on my probe, just pertier) hehe. So I don't think you could go wrong with the FS flywheel

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how long is the shippin deal gonna last? Do u guys carry centerforces???

God i hate air force pay

·
Registered
315 Posts
How loud is the flywheel chatering? I have a friend with an Asco flywheel in his BMW and you can hear some chatering only when you concentrate and there is no other noise.

George

·
Registered
315 Posts
I am looking into a light flywheel and understand the benefit from having one. Im just really trying to identify if this noise is obnoctious to the point were I cant ride anyone in my car.

I drive my car for business and drive people once in while. I am also concerened that I will get sick of a noisy car. Could you guys give me an idea of how loud this thing will make the car. When you loud what can you compare it to?

Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts