Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I'm not sure of what would be cost worthy. Getting a MTX and doing a swap or just doing a tranny upgrade ...I don't want to worry about anything in the future so I figured why not start with this first. If I do go with the upgrade for my auto tranny I'm going to get the tranny cooler just for added security. My future plans are turbo BTW. I want a manual but I don't know if it would be worth the money. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Really should have bought a manual man.

If you're going to do anything to that car... you're better off getting one of these completely rebuilt auto trannies that are going around. 2k-2.5k but it would cost you around 2k just to do the swap.

·
I Now Post Stupid ****
3,495 Posts
I love when people give you answers like that. Instead of focusing on what you can do to strengthen your automatic transmission when and if it does break down and you have to get it rebuilt, people rag on your for having a automatic trans and barely pay attention when you ask them a question.

I say try and findout how to strengthen the internals on your trans and how to keep heat to a proper level so your fluid can do it's job without breakin down after a certain degree.

If you're going to do anything to that car... you're better off getting one of these completely rebuilt auto trannies that are going around. 2k-2.5k but it would cost you around 2k just to do the swap.
What are these transmissions you speak of?

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts