Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
David Anderson
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys. Im looking for a way to say...make my zx2 shift harder and faster. A chip will not work right with my car. I was thinking of pulling the ECU, putting a 5spd SR ecu in. Getting manual valve bodys, would this allow for full manual shifting along with my improved shifts. I will talk with a reputable shop later this week if this sounds feasable

·
Registered
123 Posts
So you're dealing with a ZX2? Sounds like it's an automatic too. If that's the case, the S/R PCM will only work on the 5 speed gearbox. Superchips and DiabloSport have a chip application for literally every 5 speed and automatic program in existence for the ZX2. Perhaps a dealer from this forum can even point you in the right direction.

dave

·
David Anderson
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand what the SR pcm is for. Thats my entire purpose. If I get a tranny shop to somhow make the tranny non electroinic (i had a friend explain it) it will benefit my a little more. And no, a chip does NOT work with my code. I went to a members house and we tried a few different burns with my car. It acted VERY VERY strange.

So you're dealing with a ZX2? Sounds like it's an automatic too. If that's the case, the S/R PCM will only work on the 5 speed gearbox. Superchips and DiabloSport have a chip application for literally every 5 speed and automatic program in existence for the ZX2. Perhaps a dealer from this forum can even point you in the right direction.

dave

·
Registered
133 Posts
there is a shift kit u can make for the atx, but u might save money to get the FR pcm the s/r pcm is hard to find and kinda pricy from some people, what yr is your zx2 and whats the code?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
????
I think you may have problems somewhare. No reason you shouldn't be able to do a chip for that car.
Also, if you go wiht a 5spd ECm, your speed sensor won't work. Plus, I believe the wiring harness is a good bit different. Seems to me like it would be a lot of time and money not knowing if it will even work.

·
David Anderson
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill check later on my code. its a 02. I went to Cajuns house and we tried numerous burns..we did my zx3 perfect, but my zx2 is a bitch

there is a shift kit u can make for the atx, but u might save money to get the FR pcm the s/r pcm is hard to find and kinda pricy from some people, what yr is your zx2 and whats the code?

·
Registered
133 Posts
are you taking the vct into acct? i've never heared of an un-chipable code

1 - 8 of 8 Posts