Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I want to trick out a Transit Connect Van. Needs suspension and 18" wheels. I know it has the Focus 2.0 and want some performance out of this motor. Need Info. Who can give me more info ? Thanks

· Pron Star
15,527 Posts
Try doing a TC Xpress

· Registered
8,481 Posts
It's the Duratec 2.0 with the same 4 speed automatic as in the Focus. So the basics are very similar to the focus but I would think you would need to have custom work done to the exhaust manifold, etc... to put on a turbo...which it would need to be any kind of fast.

Maybe after you get one you could take a lot of measurements and send them off to FS Werks and see if their turbo kit will work.

I would recommend a cargo version of it with no rear seats, no rear windows, etc... It will save you money but also be a better starting point overall.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am in Reno Nv. I will build the suspension, but the motor is another thing. I am used to V8's and just bolting on a Whipple charger and all was well. My fleet guy said he will have the new truck by the end of the week. Loaded cargo with no windows and loaded. Going to use this to haul my race bike to sat. nite races instead of breaking out the hauler at 9 MPG.

· Pron Star
15,527 Posts

· Registered
4,141 Posts
I'd personally like to see if somebody could mount the Control Blade IRS from a Focus on a TC.

· Pron Star
15,527 Posts
Without really looking at it I would have to say no, due to the lowered floor area on the TC compaired to the Focus.

· Registered
4,141 Posts
Actually you could do the Control blade and place air bags in place of the springs with a heavy duty shock to go with.

· Registered
4,524 Posts
It's the Duratec 2.0 with the same 4 speed automatic as in the Focus. So the basics are very similar to the focus but I would think you would need to have custom work done to the exhaust manifold, etc... to put on a turbo...which it would need to be any kind of fast.

Maybe after you get one you could take a lot of measurements and send them off to FS Werks and see if their turbo kit will work.

I would recommend a cargo version of it with no rear seats, no rear windows, etc... It will save you money but also be a better starting point overall.
Its not that simple. That engine is not the same Duratec 2.0 that comes in the current Focus. Notice the exhaust on the front side? That engine in the picture car is more similar to an SVT motor than the current 2.0 Duratec in the Focus.

Actually, its really a Zetec with Duratec and turbo added.

· WRAWRRR, BEAR CLAW!
25,014 Posts
I used to build magazine features and some Sema stuff years ago. Mostly with Belltech and a few other companies and we did trucks and suv's. This will be my first little car.
Is this Mr. Nicely?

If so - hey - this is Kristina, Jeff's ex. Hope you're doing okay, long time no talk. I'm sure you'll pimp this little Transit out correctly. Just no 13" triple-gold Daytons this time okay? :p

· Registered
8,481 Posts
Its not that simple. That engine is not the same Duratec 2.0 that comes in the current Focus. Notice the exhaust on the front side? That engine in the picture car is more similar to an SVT motor than the current 2.0 Duratec in the Focus.

Actually, its really a Zetec with Duratec and turbo added.
You mean this picture?

Because that has a MK1 Focus RS drivetrain swap done. So, you are right that it's a different engine than the current Focus. But that pictured transit is a one-off. The normal transit engine bay looks like this:

Which IS the same engine as the current Focus. Also,

We've already sold our turbo kit to a Transit owner. The kit is on the car and it's being used daily. I just wrapped up the programming the other day.
Bada-bing Bada-boom

JN3n: Call FS Werks

1 - 20 of 40 Posts