Ford Focus Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· WRAWRRR, BEAR CLAW!
25,014 Posts
Hi Kristina it's Jamie ! I am going to build myself a little work truck and now that it is 2011 I think the Daytons will be replaced with 22" Billet Wire Style Wheels !!! I will try and do something nice.
Glad to see you're alive and well :) Do yourself a favor and call Randy at FSWerks when you're ready for forced induction, their turbo kit is the bomb. All of their stuff is the bomb, actually.

I believe H&R makes something for them too, they had a tricked out one at SEMA a couple years ago.

So what goes inside the van? Supermoto bike?

· Registered
1,579 Posts
1. Wheels linked by jinstall will not work. They are 4x108. TC uses 5x108. Stock wheels are +52 offset but you can use up to +40 without problems. There are few aftermarket wheels in the USA at this time (been looking for 9 months) but there are some nice wheels from Focuses in Europe.

2. For the front suspension late model Focus stuff will work. The rear will need to have the axle moved from under the springs to over the springs and have the shackles lengthened to keep the rear from being much lower than the front.

3. Engine is a 2.0 Duratec same as in late model Focus so all the aftermarket stuff will work. As Randy noted their Turbo is already being used on a TC.

4. A couple of links for you:

http://fordtransitconnectforum.com/ USA TC forum

http://fordtransit.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=54 UK TC forum

The guy with the FSWerks turbo is on the US forum and there are several threads on lowering the TC on the UK forum.

· Not so Photo Master
8,109 Posts
maker Sergov's vision a reality

· Pron Star
15,527 Posts
1. Wheels linked by jinstall will not work. They are 4x108. TC uses 5x108. Stock wheels are +52 offset but you can use up to +40 without problems. There are few aftermarket wheels in the USA at this time (been looking for 9 months) but there are some nice wheels from Focuses in Europe.
Um with the RS conversion it WILL work as it has been done already.

But it requires a rework. OR redrilling the hubs. The later being the less expensive way.

· Registered
1,579 Posts
Um with the RS conversion it WILL work as it has been done already.
But it requires a rework. OR redrilling the hubs. The later being the less expensive way.
But why go to all that trouble when similar wheels are available in the correct bolt pattern. Any wheel that fits a MKII Focus or the C-Max will fit with no modifications. Also most Volvo wheels will fit.

Personally I like these:

18x8.5 from a Focus ST. BTW this is a short wheelbase low roof version of the TC which we don't get over here yet.

Edit: It looks like a 17" version of these wheels will be available for the 2012 focus in the USA.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I am hauling a flattrack bike in the TC. Turbo will be ordered soon. Thanks for the suspension tips. I am having the interior done in So.Cal and will see about putting the suspension parts on while the van is down there. I like the 18" wheels above but am looking around for now.

· Don't Call Me Gaga!
31,810 Posts
Yeah, I don't see any point in replicating the RS Transit Connect when you could build something better.

I'd take the Duratec with the FSWerks turbo over that old boosted Zetec lump any day... and there are many wheels that are a whole lot cooler than the 18x8 RS wheels.

· Pron Star
15,527 Posts
But why go to all that trouble when similar wheels are available in the correct bolt pattern. Any wheel that fits a MKII Focus or the C-Max will fit with no modifications. Also most Volvo wheels will fit.

Personally I like these:

18x8.5 from a Focus ST. BTW this is a short wheelbase low roof version of the TC which we don't get over here yet.

Edit: It looks like a 17" version of these wheels will be available for the 2012 focus in the USA.
Why would anyone modify a Transit Connect? Because you want to. The OP was looking for options we gave them that, options.

· ****ney-4-Life!
10,027 Posts
You mean this picture?

Because that has a MK1 Focus RS drivetrain swap done. So, you are right that it's a different engine than the current Focus. But that pictured transit is a one-off. The normal transit engine bay looks like this:

Which IS the same engine as the current Focus. Also,

Bada-bing Bada-boom

JN3n: Call FS Werks
Correct.

There's been a few 'vans' that have had the engine and running gear of the MK1 FRS transplanted over the years.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts