Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what I found in my "Scheduled Maintenance Guide."

30,000 miles.
Change automatic transmission/transaxle on all vehicles equiped with AX4S, 4F50N, 4R100, 4F27E. Inspect automatic transmission fluid level on all other vehicles, if equiped with dipstick. Consult your dealer for your particular requirments.

The 50,000 just had oil change and check tires for wear.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Huh? I don't understand. I just called the Dealer, and they told me I don't need a transmission service/fluid change until 50K?? I thought I had to get that done at 30K? I have a 5 spd. He said if I had a auto, than it woudl be done at 30K. Is he confusing somehing, or am I? I don't have my manual on me right now, but can someone clarify this for me?

Help! Thanx Ollie

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
This is what I founf on the dealers site:

Current Mileage 30200
Driving Conditions Normal
Model Year 2001 Model Focus

Based on the information provided, the following is the recommended scheduled maintenance for your vehicle:

Present Service: 30000
Change engine oil and replace oil filter

Inspect and lubricate steering linkage, idler arm, suspension, and driveshaft as equipped

Inspect brake pads/shoes/rotors/drums, brake lines & hoses, and parking brake system

Inspect engine cooling system and hoses

Inspect exhaust system and heatshields

Inspect tires for wear and rotate

Inspect wheel ends for endplay and noise

Perform multi-point inspection

Replace engine air filter

Replace fuel filter

Next Service: 35000

Previous Major Service: 25000

That is so wiered...I could have sworn I needed a tranny checkup/fliud change at 30K. I know I read it on here somewhere.....

Damnit - I thikn I put it in the worng forum. Mods - can u please move this to Tech...thanx , and sorry about that...Ollie

[ 03-27-2003, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: Ollie18 ]

·
Registered
17 Posts
They say if used under normal conditions you don't have to change your manual tranny fluid. If your driving a ZX3 than we don't understand the term "normal." That tranny and engine combo are always begging to be beaten. For the sake of preventative maintenence I would change it. I have. I actually upgraded to the redline D4 ATF fluid. Its great! I guess it all depends on how you drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts