Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i've been missing for a LONG TIME due to my car having it's accident well i finally got the insurance check signed!! whoo hoo
however i have most of the work already done
all i need is a new transmission
i was thinking about going ahead and doing the 4.06
but i remember hearing that the mtx75 out of a zetec contour already has the 4.06 and that this should fit
my question is this the bellhousing on that transmission is it a direct fit to ours ??
my bellhousing has a crack where the bracket support for the transmission mount is
so my bellhousing is sorta dead as well as my third gear
so i'm hoping to find a mtx75 to replace with that already has the 4.06 gears in

·
Registered
207 Posts
I would like to know as well..My tranny has been out of my car for 15 days because Ford can't seem to supply the right syncros 4 times!!!!!!

Josh

·
Registered
258 Posts
bumpinfocus - that exact same thing happened to me, but after three failed tries, they replaced the whole transmisson

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
omg that sucks
well i decided to forget it
i'm having a trans place rebuild mine and i plan to have them install the 4.06 gears while they have it torn apart

·
Registered
128 Posts
dude, get the flywheel too. nazthug is running the gear and the flywheel and he said its a big kick in the ass. he 0-60 is crazy fast even with crappy launches.. i imagine with a good lauch and no wheel spin you might almost feel like your in a WRX.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts