Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys could i use the engine out of a 87 dodge omni? it seems ford made a crappy engine and i blew mine at 7,500 rpm...so this dude says he can hook me up with a 1.6L or a 2.2 i dont remember for 1000 dollars...is this feasible and will i get extra horsepower? i dont know if its the turbo version or not though...hopefully it is...this dude also said that it would bolt in with a little work...oh wel guys put on your super thinking caps and help a brutha out....dont they already have like 160 hp anyway?

saweet-cheap horsepower......

roberto

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
damn zetecs are expensive....2000 dollas? i cant afford that i hope this mopar 4 turns out good...

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
man if ur gonna get an engine get a b16 outta a japanese car they make better engines in japan.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh really? if that was the case then y doesnt the zetec hold up?

thanks for the help though....

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
screw the b16, drop a sr20vet in there

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
zetec = plastic engine and missing the pull cord to start it up.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont get it, you guys are confusing me....i am only 16 years old and my moms and pops are pissed at me....i need cheap options.....

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
well there is the option of theft which i am in no way endorsing i repeat NOT ENDORSING but its the cheapest way.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Originally posted by Sir_Gawain:
i dont get it, you guys are confusing me....i am only 16 years old and my moms and pops are pissed at me....i need cheap options.....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

Ill sell you my boat engine .. 500 bucks.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Originally posted by jasinger:
well there is the option of theft which i am in no way endorsing i repeat NOT ENDORSING but its the cheapest way.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">you are a wise man
* I am in no way endorsing, suggesting, or reccomending any illicit activities.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey now...boat engines? that wont work will it? how can i use a boat motor?

damnit i dont know if ur ****ing with me or not...

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
I hope you're kidding. No 1987 Omni came equipped with a turbo motor.

It is a SOHC, non-crossflow slider-cammed wonder, breathing through a temperamental Holley 6520 electric feedback carb... pumping out a whopping 96hp @ 5,200 RPM and 119 lb-ft @ 3,200 RPM.

The 1.6L is an absolute joke. Produced by Peugeot through the Chrysler UK purchase... It was dropped before 1987, but IMO, a PUSHROD four banger is trash. It put out less power than the VW/Audi 1.7L in the early Omnis.

I love my 2.2s, but I'm not about to bolt one into my Focus. The Zetec is vastly superior.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Get another Zetec or sell the car to the scrapyard.

The Zetec has a rev limiter at 6,750 RPM, and stops making power around 6,000 RPM... Whatever you were doing at 7,500 I can't possibly imagine...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah right man the zetec is suprerior..maybe at 3000 but he said the mopar will rev freely to 7500 so that makes me happy... i like to drop clutch at 5500...makes a cool noise and spinnin them tires for the girls...they like it too..

·
Registered
542 Posts
Dude, you have problems if your dropping your clutch at 5500 rpms and revvin to 7500. What is the point? Like he said you stop making power at 6000.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont know what stop making poewr means dude...it still goes up there so it has to make power right...the car still moves...wtf do you mean?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Phew, ok heres an explanation. Your car revs till it blows up, you think getting a smaller weaker motor will be better, hmmmm.

Just because it revs up there doesn't mean its making power, have you looked at a focus dyno graph?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey man...dont make fun of me thats not cool at all.....so what i cant afford a bigger motor...no i havent seen a dyno anywhere..

1 - 20 of 56 Posts