Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walked into a bike shop today interested in starting a new hobby (trials riding) and according to the guy, So.Fla has zero market for it. No idea where to start with this...

How much would a bike cost for a beginner? What size should I look for? Specs? Any forums to look into?

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
With a bicycle or a motorcycle? Not that I can help you, just wondering. Back in the 60's and 70's, observed trials (I'll assume this is what you're speaking of?) was growing fairly well, then seemed to die off. Yamaha had some 'skin' in the game...but it was mostly bikes from Europe...Bultaco,Montesa... and a few others I can't remember off hand. Shoot, Honda might have had something too.

In Portland, I've seen a few converted to electric. With the torque these things have, the guys are amazing with them. Gravity seems to shut down while they play.

Here's a forum you might want to look through...

http://www.observedtrials.net/vb/

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
I like watching Trials riding but i really enjoy it more when the landings are softer and more elegant. the hard bash landings just makes me think the maneuver almost failed and it was a last ditch effort to land it.

never the less, it's ***** awesome no matter what way its landed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts