Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have been fairly active on here the last few weeks as i am nearing my purchase and install which will complete the engine upgrades i want to do on my focus.

FS Race Header
FS Flex
FS Stealth Muffler
New Magnaflow CAT-Back
(after one year weld went on muffler they are sending me new one free of charge)

i will be going to mcnews and having a SCT tuned with:
FR stage II camshafts
Essligner Camgears.

MODS PRESENT:
firepower ignition
K&N FIPK2
OPTIMA RED-TOP

ok, so hopefully that will get me 130HP to the wheels. As one last big bang what should i do? i have heard of 2000 intake manifolds? cylinder heads--too expensive. i cant really think of much else other than FI which i want NA. UDP is a no no --may thee foci rest in peace that were victims of UDP. 65mm throttle body is trash, sold it, never could get it to work. focus-central grrrrrr.....

ideas guys?
thanks for your time!

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
I'll go on record and say UDPs have NOT caused any problems... they were coincidentally involved.

FocusSport has probably sold thousands of UDPs... and we only know of three engines that had problems?

Don't blame the UDP. If my car ran one for 50000 miles without a problem..........

That being said... yes get the 2000 manifold. It helps more than you can ever know.

·
Registered
408 Posts
the 2000 mainfold is by far the best upgrade for the money in your situation, they can be picked up for between 100 and 150, get that.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I spun 130WHP with a Volant intake, full exhaust (4-2-1, 2.25" flex, 2.25" catback), SD/LW combo, and Esslinger UDP and cam gears. Camshafts, dyno tuning, and a tuned SCT chip should net you a bit over 130WHP, but I won't be the one to venture a guess.

UDP is a no no --may thee foci rest in peace that were victims of UDP
And how many is that, 2...3? There are more people with 50k+ miles on their UDP-equipped Zetecs (*raises hand*) than those who've lost an engine and blamed it on their UDP. There's my dos centavos on that.

·
Registered
82 Posts
for sure... im ridin on 60k no problems... with my UDPs

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does anyone have a link to a 2000 manifold? is that something i can do or.....does it need a new throttlebody???

thanks guys!

·
Registered
786 Posts
There are more people with 50k+ miles on their UDP-equipped Zetecs
I had 85k on my first motor, udp equipped, 93k total. That one died early due to piston ring failure.

·
Registered
112 Posts
does anyone have a link to a 2000 manifold? is that something i can do or.....does it need a new throttlebody???

thanks guys!
I believe you're going to have to find one in a junk yard or find someone that has them laying around. Or maybe you can buy them off ford. Anyways, thats a pretty involed install isn't it?? To me it seems like installing an intake mani would be a bit on the tough side considering what side of the motor your working on and the space that is allowed on that side. As for the tb question, no you won't need a new tb...
If i were you i'd run a bigger tb with the intake but thats just me. I have an FC tb and I had a few problems from the get go but after some help from Ray at myfordperformance, car runs like a champ.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts