Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone no of gains or flaws in getting a triple angle valve job.I'm think about doing it to my zx3.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
shhhhh you!

hey jammer, I don't know what the flaws would be really if any. The gains would be much smoother airflow around the seat and into the combustion chamber. I do know that the angles that are cut into make a difference in how it flows. The closer you can get to a full radius on the seat the better the airflow past the valve.

Here is a link that explains it on the cvh/spi head mostly but it's the same principle for all motors that use valves.

http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/head01.htm

Good luck and btw, this is being moved to zetec tuning now.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I am getting my head ported and polished along with a 3 angle valve job in January for about $450 bucks from a reputable tuner..

I will let you know how much difference that I can tell.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Really? I was quoted at $500 labor, $1,000 flow bench work (or what ever) and not sure on the P&P. It just sounds cheaper to buy a kit.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
well thats the price if I bring him my Head to him.

I dont know how much it is if I drop the car off.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Why don't you use a race company like Esslinger stage 1 This head is only 599.99 after core exchange. Plus its made by a pro company that does about 5 heads a week and flow benches it.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
i know couple of people that do head work for $150(mild).if i want to go crazy with it $500. yall spend all yall money on those overpriced heads.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well to get someone who knows the zetec head with experience is difficult because our cars like to be ported very specific ways.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The 3 angle valve seat cut is nothing new. Its been around since dirt. So if their trying to sell you something special thats a joke. Im sure all machine shops use the 3 angle cut as standard proceedure. The current state of the art is a 5 angle cut. For all but the most extreme racing conditions the 3 angle is fine. You wouldnt be able tell any difference between the two. The price quote you stated for the work seems high I would shop around.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Originally posted by bugshack:
The current state of the art is a 5 angle cut.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Incorrect. The state of the art is a fully radiused valve job. FWIW, that is really only the tip of the iceberg.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts