jba shorty header
fc pulley kit
str cam gears (untuned)
msd wires
bosch plat plugs
ac autotechnic exhaust
mileage = 49997

second, my problem:
i was going to work this morning around 3am Pac Time, and i noticed my CEL came on. it had me wondering. the last time my CEL came on was because i burnt out my O2 sensor, and this was 2 months ago. so now, with the mods indicated and the mileage above, what in the hell could be making this light go on again? i took it to ford and they want to charge me the price of a flex pipe to do a diagnostic. what do you guys think it may be? and would anybody know of a good dealership in cali that wouldn't charge me an arm and a leg for a diagnostic?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
you can get that done cheaper.most performance type car shops have the ablity to do it lest than $85

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
yea Jimel...I did that with my focus..Take it to any Autozone and they hook up your car to a little scanner..then they write the code down..go back inside the store and tell you what the code is...so at least you will know what the problem is. Your out of warranty I take it?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
if you have a cat convertor.. and it turns out to be your o2 sensor... take a closer look at the cat. many ppl have had theirs burn up from the jba headers. i don't know the reason why. i can say that when i pulled mine off, it was completely empty.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i am way outta my warranty already, which sucks. i took my car to autozone before and they told me two problems: TPS sensor and my 2nd o2 sensor. took it down to ford and it turned out to be just my o2 sensor. as for the cat, i think imma remove this POS completely and just switch it for a downpipe or a high flow cat. but other than that, it seems autozone would be the way to go as far as getting codes read is concerned.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
its really hard to speculate...its entirely possible that it isnt even mod related....take it to an autozone and have them pull codes for free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts