Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,I have a 99 Ranger non 4x4 with the 3.0 motor.I checked the codes on it today and I got P1000 (OBD II Monitor Testing Incomplete) WTF is this? I couldnt check it with the KOEO,but it worked with KOER,gave me a code of P1408 (EGR Flow Out Of Self Test Range),whats this,bad EGR valve?

·
Registered
545 Posts
you have to drive a car so all the monitors can run and setup the parameters. it's nothing to worry about and is normal after the PCM loses power or if any codes are cleared.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I should have let it get to normal running temp?And if so,I just drove it for 45mins prior and it only sat for 10mins before I put the scanner on it.
But its nothun to worry about?
My CEL light came back on.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
hes saying that the CEL is from the EGR code. THe p1000 will not set a light and is normal. But the EGR code will need to be addressed. Could need an EGR valve, hard to say.

Scott

·
Registered
535 Posts
There are some techs in here. Maybe they will chime in. The best I can add is that an egr code is not that big a deal. You don't have to worry as much as if you had an engine misfire code or some others.

There is probably some troubleshooting chart you need to follow in order to find out exactly what your problem is. The egr is always possible but in our focus the dpfe sets off an egr code. I had mine replaced. I'm glad I checked here because I was getting ready to replace the egr valve before I found out about the dpfe. When it does go bad you will have some driveability problems and maybe stalling.

Louie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts