Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I thought I'd run this by you guys and see what you thought might be the source of my problem.

I've recently put my car back on the road. As some of you may know my car had gotten stolen back in January and well it had sat in my driveway ever since.

Ever since I put it back on the road it has started overheating. At first I thought it might have been the thermostat but unfortunately it wasn't. Which after that I realized that my cooling fans weren't coming on.

Would you guys know any way to go through the steps of finding out why they're not coming on? I've checked both Fuses in the underhood and both are fine. I'm just lost here and I really want to get this problem solved.

Let me know if you guys think of anything.

Thanks in advance.

F6

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Do they come on when you turn the AC on ( forces them on)?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine did that. And both of mine did kick on when the A/C was on. Turned out to be a wire from the relay...

That only cost me a few hundred to get found and fixed. Found being the big cost.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You wouldn't happen to know which wire was involved would ya?
I SO wish I did, but I wound up letting Ford fix this one...

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
Replace the fan resistor pack.
and the fan wiring harness.

its 2 seperate pieces.

the fan resistor pack likes to burn itself out and take the wiring harness with it.

if you look at your fans, in teh direct center of one should be a plug. unclip it and pull the resistor pack out. if it looks at all wrong...replace it.

look at the wiring plug, if its burned or charred or anyhting, repalced the harness.

its 6 plugs, can be swapped in, in about 10 minutes.

it will fix this.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yup, that sounds like what it was. Resistor Pack rings a bell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts