Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i installed this exhaust (2.5" with magnaflow muffler, aluminized) and it sounds REALLY nice going up through the rpms. Well my question is that when i let off the gas or downshift, the exhaust seems to be "bubbly" i guess you could say. is this normal or do i have a leak or something??

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Normal, just gurgling.

- Drew

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
A lot fo people wonder what that is the first time they get an aftermarker exhaust.

- Drew

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah, I guess its normal. It does the samething with my bosal catback.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The Focus is like the Gurgle king, my HKS gurgles so much..my friend has a high flow cat with OBX exhaust and that thing just sounds like the 4th of july! boom!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
gurgle = fart. I dont like farty sounds coming from my car. Anyone tried different injectors to fix this?!

·
Registered
517 Posts
IIRC the popping/gurgling is caused by a lean condition when the throttle is closed and the engine is decelerating. Injectors won't make a difference.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Originally posted by madmax1:
IIRC the popping/gurgling is caused by a lean condition when the throttle is closed and the engine is decelerating. Injectors won't make a difference.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I was under the impression that the popping noise was due to the injectors dribbleing fuel out when the throttle is snapped shut. At least i thought that was how jackson racing described it. Maybe he was wrong...either way I wish there was a way to get rid of it completely...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you think a turbo will make a difference?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts