Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to order a new exhaust on Monday. Having weighed all the options, the Borla is the one I will go with.

The trubendz 2.5in Borla kit is 330 shipped with a resonator and the "real" borla kit 370 + shipping + resonator (which I DESPERATELY need). From what I can tell, both are mandrel bent kits with high quality mufflers. Is the "real" borla really worth the extra money? Any known problems with the trubendz kits?

Need advice soon, I am placing the order on Monday.

Thanks.

·
Registered
976 Posts
i have a borla/steeda flex back borla gives high quality tubing and clamps with there kit and it sounds great as for the flex i have a trubendz 2.5" it is also stainless but the tubing is much heavier, the flanges are welded with mild steel and the bends on the tubing are mared by their machine both will last for ever but you get what you pay for. IMO go borla

·
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone else? I would appreciate all comments, negative or not. Placing the order tomorrow (monday)

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
i have a borla/steeda flex back borla gives high quality tubing and clamps with there kit and it sounds great as for the flex i have a trubendz 2.5" it is also stainless but the tubing is much heavier, the flanges are welded with mild steel and the bends on the tubing are mared by their machine both will last for ever but you get what you pay for. IMO go borla
Hate to rain on your parade, but the Borla cat-back also has a mild steel flange. Mine was looking nice and rusty a few months after installation.

·
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ehh, I think im going with the trubendz, cant justify the extra hundred bucks, plus i can add the resonator to it for 50 more (not offered on the "real" borla)

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
i have a trubendz 3" and i love it, they have helped me over teh net many times and if u get the SS it has a lifetime warranty

·
Banned
613 Posts
i have a 2.5" trubendz borla on my car and i love it... nice deep tone to it. why spend the extra when you get the performance for less?

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Pretty much all exhaust components with flanges use mild steel. I takes a long time to rust that much steel to really cause a problem. Not saying it wont happen, but it just take s quite a while.

·
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pretty much all exhaust components with flanges use mild steel. I takes a long time to rust that much steel to really cause a problem. Not saying it wont happen, but it just take s quite a while.
Yeah, they told me it will last 5-7 years without rust problems, which is long enough for me.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have the 2.5" SS Trubendz w/magnaflow resognator and borla muffler. The first one I got had tiny pin holes in it and they replaced it with no problem. I love the tone it gives off. I also have a 2.5" Flex. The flanges are rusted also now, but it's still holding up nice.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I've had my borla for almost two years with no rust almost four months after having the trubendz the flang and bead(weld) on the flex were rusted up. Those are the facts spend your money were you want im more than happy were my money went.

·
Registered
340 Posts
when you guys say rusted do you mean surface rust?

cause when i hear rust i hear like there are holes in the exhaust...which i doubt is the truth. You can get stainless steel which is just fine for exhaust. I just went with aluminized exhaust and have absolutely no problems with any rust at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts