Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Borla, Magnaflow or Flowmaster. Any advantages one way or another here??? help appreciated

[ 03-13-2003, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: Auto-X-ZTS ]

·
Registered
753 Posts
I don't understand your question... you are asking about a yodude muffler.... but then you mention borla and 2 others.... do you want opinions on these 4 brands of mufflers? I'm bias to borla.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
YoDude offers 3 muffler choices: Borla, Magnaflow, and Flowmaster. That's the order from loudest to quietest too. Borla and Magnaflow both come in stainles, Flowmaster is all aluminum. As far as actual sound, that's up to you. I think with the Focus volume is the only real concern. None of the exhausts I've heard sound like the weed-whackers that those loosers with hondas drive around in.

[ 03-14-2003, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: RainyZX3 ]

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Originally posted by RainyZX3:
None of the exhausts I've heard sound like the weed-whackers that those loosers with hondas drive around in.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hear the borla with a race header lately?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
None of the exhausts I've heard sound like the weed-whackers that those loosers with hondas drive around in.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">AHHH thats classic. but any 4 banger will and could sound like the attack of the bummble bees. my car already sounds like it but it is coming out the intake via shorty intake. but for exhaust i am gona get the FS stealth

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've got the Magnaflow on the Yo Dude and really like it. It get progressivly louder to 3K RPM's then mellows out. But it never sounds "ricey". Deep for a 4 cyl. Not raspy. I have the stock exhaust manifold for now.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
feel any power gains with Magnaflow/YoDude??? I'll be keeping a stock exhaust manifold for the time being too...

[ 03-16-2003, 07:21 AM: Message edited by: Auto-X-ZTS ]

·
Registered
62 Posts
A little. And that may be more because the car sounds better, but it does feel a little better. I've never been to the track so no before/after times. And I wont spend the $$ for dyno time for a few hp either way. I mostly got it for the looks/sounds. And getting rid of the shoebox that ford stuck on the back with the Mc D's straw poking out was worth it. Here's a pic... pic1
big pic 2

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyone have the YoDude-Borla or the YoDude-Flowmanster? Comments???

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
AHHH thats classic. but any 4 banger will and could sound like the attack of the bummble bees.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

Mine doesn't. Ever heard of Triumph? Or seen a WRC car? Or maybe even the Pro/Celeb Toyota Celicas? And yeah, I've heard Bolra w/ a race header, but the honest truth is that most normal people don't dirve around w/o a cat. All I am suggesting is that the engine resonance of the Ztec does not make the same kind of sound the go-cart engines in Civics do.

[ 03-16-2003, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: RainyZX3 ]

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
very helpful on all three fronts, looks, sound and performance. Moo-chas grass-ee-ass, dude

1 - 14 of 14 Posts