Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned it a while ago, but it's worth repeating. There is a TSB on the rear suspension on the SVTF to correct exessive wear on the inner shoulders of the rear tires. The wear is unusual; not the typical wear pattern from a high negative camber. It's barely on the tread itself, mosty off onto the side of the tire, about 1.5" wide. Ford replaced my tires and I'm now waiting for new rear control arms, as the original ones could not be brought to spec. Just something watch out for. By the way, moving the tires to the front seems just makes the worn area wear even faster!!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Do you know what part of the rear suspension the tsb refers to? I am guessing having aftermarket springs voids that part of warranty work for me.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Could you post the TSB so all can read it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could you post the TSB so all can read it.
As soon as I can find the details on the TSB, I'll post it here. As far as I know, it refers to the alignment of the rear wheels and mostly affects the lower control arms. It'll be interesting to see how it handles once it's done. The car has been in the shop now for two weeks, mostly awaiting parts!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I get my car back today
They took a full degree off the negative camber
The TSB is 03-13-5 and it replaces the upper control arms on any 2.2 wagons, 2.3 sedan, ZX3, ZX5 that exhibit excessive rear tire wear. I'm not too happy about it being done. Hey, people pay lots of money to get an additional degree negative camber. I didn't even get to keep the old control arms. I'm worried about how it'll handle on the track now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts